• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired New Cree XP-G2 P60 Replacement Modules

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: XP-G2 / P60 STYLE MODULES

Maybe ok now,

My Godaddy Hosted sites are up and running ok. :candle:

Hi

And you are correct came back about 45 minutes ago here. Glad to be back to normal. Nasty old hackers!

Thanks

Dave

PS I am glad I did not have their headaches today!

KDM

Flashlight Enthusiast

I changed to a smooth reflector. My PP notes say OP, if its to late to change or doesn't get changed it's my fault. Thanks

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hi

All have shipped except for onebigdays, it is done and will ship tomorrow just waiting on PP to clear.
I did find one driver like you wanted.

Dave

justindfish

Newly Enlightened
At 1.4A which would have higher output XML or xpg2. Also which would have better throw i know at 3A the xml shear output would make a noticeable difference in throw but what about at 1.4A. Either would be neutral 4000K. Im trying to get something with a two hour run time on a 3100 Mah redilast and still have the max lumens possible. I have a 3A xml now and love it just want the option of runtime sometimes it more important than the output.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: XP-G2 / P60 STYLE MODULES / COOLWHITES & NEUTRALS

At 1.4A which would have higher output XML or xpg2. Also which would have better throw i know at 3A the xml shear output would make a noticeable difference in throw but what about at 1.4A. Either would be neutral 4000K. Im trying to get something with a two hour run time on a 3100 Mah redilast and still have the max lumens possible. I have a 3A xml now and love it just want the option of runtime sometimes it more important than the output.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Hi

I have a 2XAA host I stock with a T6 XML and it is about 340 - 350 lumens with 1.3 amps while a coolwhite XP-G2 is about 380-400 lumens. Also a XP-G2 has a beam angle of 115 degrees while the XML has a beam angle of 125.

I do agree with you about a XML running at 2.8 amps while a much wider beam the sheer output will certainly push it down range.

Pushing the XP-G2 at 1.4 amps will give you a minimum of 2 hrs and probably a bit more. Of course the same is true of the XML if pushed at 1.4 amps.

Dave

KDM

Flashlight Enthusiast

http://db.tt/qBkPQY2g

18350 thrower
Great drop in, love the neutral tint. Gotta have that OP reflector now. Thanks for getting it out fast also.

Last edited:

jmpaul320

Flashlight Enthusiast

dave i got my order today of the 5000 and 4000k
i now have the nailbender xpg2 complete collection (cw, nw, and ww) :rock:

i fired them both up... both are great! going to be difficult to try and choose one to use lol... ill rotate them in my hosts :)

the neutral tint is awesome!

one question - the copper tape that you provide with each dropin - do you sell that by itself? i have a number of other dropins that would benefit from having copper tape and foil gets annoying because it shreds and goes everywhere

justindfish

Newly Enlightened
Hi

I have a 2XAA host I stock with a T6 XML and it is about 340 - 350 lumens with 1.3 amps while a coolwhite XP-G2 is about 380-400 lumens. Also a XP-G2 has a beam angle of 115 degrees while the XML has a beam angle of 125.

I do agree with you about a XML running at 2.8 amps while a much wider beam the sheer output will certainly push it down range.

Pushing the XP-G2 at 1.4 amps will give you a minimum of 2 hrs and probably a bit more. Of course the same is true of the XML if pushed at 1.4 amps.

Dave

So it sounds like the xpg2 at 1.4A would be the choice maybe give me a little more output than the xml and most probably more throw than the xml.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast

i fired them both up... both are great! going to be difficult to try and choose one to use lol... ill rotate them in my hosts :)

one question - the copper tape that you provide with each dropin - do you sell that by itself? i have a number of other dropins that would benefit from having copper tape and foil gets annoying because it shreds and goes everywhere

Hi

Sure I sell it on the website, just look under the DIY section and you will find it with a few other things like GITD boots, thread lube and a few other items.

Thanks for the kind words on the drop ins. I like them all but really like the 3D!

Dave

tobrien

Flashlight Enthusiast

nice man!

KDM

Flashlight Enthusiast

(P60) XP-G2 R5 flux 3D tint 5000k
2.8-6 volts 1.4 amps
3 levels * high , med , low *
OP Reflector
Potted
$35

PP sent thanks

msim

Enlightened

PP sent for

XP-G2 R5 flux 3D tint 5000k
2.8-6 volts 1.4 amps
LOP Reflector
Potted

(Forgot to put username in comments, payment sent from matt (at) msim [dot] tv

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast

PP sent for

XP-G2 R5 flux 3D tint 5000k
2.8-6 volts 1.4 amps
LOP Reflector
Potted

(Forgot to put username in comments, payment sent from matt (at) msim [dot] tv

Hi

No problem thanks

Dave

Hi Dave

I have an XRE-R2 EZ900 pill driven at 1.5a in a dereelight aspheric.

How do you think your XP-G2 R5 coolwhite would compare to this in terms of lux?

Regards

joco

Newly Enlightened

Dave,

All the modules I have gotten from you have an OP reflector except the most recent High CRI XML. I love the beam on the XML, and I was wondering how bad the rings are in the XP G2 with a smooth reflector? Not white wall stuff, but outside in the real world.

Thanks, John

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hi Dave

I have an XRE-R2 EZ900 pill driven at 1.5a in a dereelight aspheric.

How do you think your XP-G2 R5 coolwhite would compare to this in terms of lux?

Regards

HI

I really don't know, a XRE has a 90 degree beam angle so it will have the tightest beam but it is only about 275 to 290 lumens. The XP-G2 has a 115 degree beam angle but is closer to 400 lumens. I don't carry 900 EZ but as most know they are throw king but the added lumen in the XPG2 has to account for something.

Dave

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast

Dave,

All the modules I have gotten from you have an OP reflector except the most recent High CRI XML. I love the beam on the XML, and I was wondering how bad the rings are in the XP G2 with a smooth reflector? Not white wall stuff, but outside in the real world.

Thanks, John

Hi John

They certainly are more evident than the XML but in real life use I don't notice the rings. On a white wall yes but not bad enough to concern me in real life outdoor use.

Dave

PCS

Newly Enlightened

XP-G2 R5 flux 1D tint
2.8-6 volts 1.4 amps
Smooth reflector
Potted

Surefire host

TOTAL: $35.00

Paypal Sent