New Fenix Digital Series! P1D and P1D CE with Cree XR-E !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

smokelaw1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thujone said:
An order number of 400 from the cutoff last time does not mean that 400 P1D CE's sold... It means his entire store had that many sales. A lot of those will be old P1's L0Pse's L0D's his mods... You name it.. No way of telling how deep in the queue you are by the order number...

Excellent point. You mean he sells lights other than the new P1D CE? LOL.

4sevens

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey folks - about to catch a plane to attend a wedding... so my email/pm response will be lagged until next wednesday - i'll still try to get to them.

Please limit your orders to one per person, I reserve the right to put on pre-order until
January those who order a WHOLE bunch. I mean a WHOLE bunch - be nice guys and
learn to share :)

Thujone

Flashlight Enthusiast
woodasptim said:
Real numbers - 200 Black ones + 100 Natural ones = 300 * 70USD = 21,000USD

Merry Christmas 4sevens, you deserve it.

Those were the hard number for shipment by Christmas as of yesterday. He however updated this thread earlier today with a statement that suggests he got more than the expected amount and will be able to ship them all by Christmas (to a point).

FirstDsent

Enlightened
Thujone said:
A lot of those (sales) will be old P1's L0Pse's L0D's his mods.
Dude, you crack me up. By "old" do you mean waaay back in 2005? As far as I can tell, Fenix only started selling flashlights last year. I don't have a Fenix, nor do I desire one due to the style of flashlights that I prefer, but I nominate Fenix to be the blockbuster flashlight company of the year!

I wish I could have bought stock.

Way to go Fenix!
Bernie

Last edited:

CodeOfLight

Newly Enlightened
lukestephens777 said:
I'd love to get a 2 x AA extension tube of some sort for the new Cree P1! Or maybe better still an L2T CE!! Lots of runtime there!

Shhhhh! I have one! And it IS a 2.5 hour blinder of a light! :grin2:

Turbo_E

Enlightened
ok i'm placing my preorder now, i cant wait any longer!!!! :D hope it comes before January

Thujone

Flashlight Enthusiast
FirstDsent said:
Dude, you crack me up. By "old" do you mean waaay back in 2005?

I was simply pointing out that the scope of the order numbers is site wide and not product specific. Not sure why you took this part of the comment and chose it as a point of contention. By old I meant original. Not the current revision. While I too have a high end 'snob light' I can tell you that I do not regret having a couple Fenix lights in my collection. (Nor would I ever regret my purchase of the CR2 Ion)

PANZERWOLF

Newly Enlightened
damn, that thread makes my day!
i'm waiting for 1xAA and 2xAA versions of the CE though ;D

enLIGHTenment

Enlightened
The only thing stopping me from wanting one of these is the user interface. Multi-level brightness is a lot less useful when there's no way to directly access to each brightness level from power off. Screwing around with twist-untwist-twist-untwist when you want bright light now is a non starter. Clone the user interface from the Kroma (twist ring to select mode, forward clickie for on-off) and stop screwing around with these crappy user interfaces already.

chevrofreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
enLIGHTenment said:
The only thing stopping me from wanting one of these is the user interface. Multi-level brightness is a lot less useful when there's no way to directly access to each brightness level from power off. Screwing around with twist-untwist-twist-untwist when you want bright light now is a non starter. Clone the user interface from the Kroma (twist ring to select mode, forward clickie for on-off) and stop screwing around with these crappy user interfaces already.

Stop thinking your opinion is the only one that matters already.

Skyline

Enlightened
Ouch, you might want to cool off a bit.

I also disagree about putting a Kroma/U2 style ring on the P1. If I wanted a huge light to put in my pocket, I'd get a Kroma or U2. The fact is, I want a tiny light that gives me the functionality I need. It remains to be seen if I'll like how the modes are selected via on/off, and whether the intermittent issues with my P1 will exist with the P1D CE. *shrug* That's why flashlights are a hobby -- trying new things out.

thk

Newly Enlightened
Curiosity got the better of me.

Made the order for a P1D CE in Natural.

Brum

Newly Enlightened
enLIGHTenment said:
Why do you keep your Karma if you want BRIGHT light, the CE is a lot brighter... And if you want bright light you only have to twist once, if you want even brighter you twist twice. The second function isnt even on the karma, due to its lack of brightness....
No offence though.. You could be a bit more subtle however.

Status
Not open for further replies.