New: Fenix HL05, headlamp feeded by 2 CR2032 batteries

Kestrel

Flashaholic
[...] How difficult would it be to change the Batteries ?
( 2 x CR2032 )
I found that I needed a sharp knife point to pry the back cover off, even after rotating it with a coin etc; definitely a tight fit.

Or are you volunteering to hotrod it with 3x CR2016? lol ;)

more_vampires

Flashlight Enthusiast
Or are you volunteering to hotrod it with 3x CR2016? lol ;)
Hmmm. Vinh boosted the Nitecore Tube, wonder if he'll do it with the Fenix HL05? :)

I don't care if it's only 10 lumens more! :)

kensington

Newly Enlightened
I found that I needed a sharp knife point to pry the back cover off, even after rotating it with a coin etc; definitely a tight fit.
FYI, the end plastic piece on the headband has a perfect edge made specifically for removing the battery cover, keep turning past what you think is the end and the cover will pop right off. Really rather nice.

Tixx

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bought one for me and my son to play with. Inexpensive and such. I did not expect to love them! Good tint, useable light for looking under hood of car at night. Good for reading. Good for emergency kit. Smaller than I thought they would be (good as well). Pretty surprised I like them so much! But I do!

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have considered this light for a while but recently I ordered it. I ordered 2 of them, one for me and one as a gift to a friend.
Personal impression:

Pros:

*very simple, lightweight and small makes it a good light for backpacking, or just carrying in a jacket pocket.
*Very nice neutral-warm tint!
*possible to use attached on a pocket or a rucksack

Cons:

*Noticeable PWM at the low and red mode.
*CR2032s are available for low price but I think AAA had been better(ok; I know the size)
*available outputs rather low, useful mainly for close up tasks(apart from that you can be seen at more distance)

geokite

Newly Enlightened
Got one for backpacking. Replaced the strap with thin bungee cord to save some weight and space. Good as a primary hl that does not get used much. I also carry a H32w sans the strap.

Steve

BloodLust

Enlightened
I have the blue one and thinking if it will replace the Princeton Tec Pilot as the backup light on my HL21 headlamp.

Since a lot are considering and/or have bought this light as emergency gear headlamp, does it have parasitic drain since it's hold to turn on/off?
I wouldn't want to keep it in my bugout bag and it wouldn't have any juice when needed.
Right now I have a cheap 2x 2032 Energizer headlamp clipped to the BOB. Single mode and takes a hard click to turn it on. Button cells are cheap here.

Last edited:

Latest posts