fnwtug.jpg

mj4y1e.jpg

13z7on6.jpg

Multifunctional "backpack" light!
Wish it would be a usb-rechargeale....

Last edited:

Chaitanya

Banned
for usb rechargeable the size of the light might have gone up. still its a good light and might be perfect for attaching to backpack and have it in blinking mode as a warning light for the vehicle speeding by.

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
For a headlamp 8 lumens is almost useless in too many cases and knowing fenix it probably costs too much for the dismal output. This would probably be categorized as useful with night vision. I have several cheap headlamps that run off of 2 coin cells (2016 or 2032) with 1 5mm LED and I'm guessing the output is about the same in lumens and I don't use them at all since I've got them. If they could make one with 15-20 lumens output on high and around 5 lumens (or less on low) perhaps it would be more useful.

more_vampires

Flashlight Enthusiast
For a headlamp 8 lumens is almost useless in too many cases and knowing fenix it probably costs too much for the dismal output. This would probably be categorized as useful with night vision. I have several cheap headlamps that run off of 2 coin cells (2016 or 2032) with 1 5mm LED and I'm guessing the output is about the same in lumens and I don't use them at all since I've got them. If they could make one with 15-20 lumens output on high and around 5 lumens (or less on low) perhaps it would be more useful.
Problem is CR2032 has between 190 and 225 mah. Can't get blood from a turnip.

insanefred

Enlightened
Oh stop it you guys, always complaining that fenix isn't releasing lights with moonlight mode and when they do you just point and laugh at it! :devil: :hahaha::cool:

more_vampires

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey, I'm not complaining! That light looks like a vampire to me. Bet it's direct drive/limit resistor. We could run it on a breakout pack, I'm almost certain.

Cr2032 x 2 = 6v = aax4 pack. :)

We could also rig it with CR2016x2 + small ball of aluminum foil. Hmm.

Think I'm buying a couple of these, can share 2032 with my illuminated crossbow sight.

Last edited:

hazza

Newly Enlightened
My feeling is that this is more about being seen than seeing. I've used an improvised similar thing for running before, so may go for this!

KeepingItLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh stop it you guys, always complaining that fenix isn't releasing lights with moonlight mode and when they do you just point and laugh at it! :devil: :hahaha::cool:

Okay, you make a good point, but can this puppy tail stand?!! Fenix never makes headlamps that tail stand!

Burgess

Flashaholic
When Fenix says High mode is
8 Lumens, and lasts 50 Hours . . . . .

I'm gonna' guess this is to ANY
remaining output ! ! !

Certainly not REGULATED,
to maintain 8 Lumens !

Still --

Looks interesting,
if I can buy one for $ 20 US.

100eyes

Newly Enlightened
I personally don't see myself making room for this in a backpack over a regular headlamp... 1xAA headlamps are my favorite.

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
When Fenix says High mode is
8 Lumens, and lasts 50 Hours . . . . .

I'm gonna' guess this is to ANY
remaining output ! ! !

Certainly not REGULATED,
to maintain 8 Lumens !

Still --

Looks interesting,
if I can buy one for $ 20 US.

I didn't check but if it is in ANSI lumens then it can run down to as low as 10% or 0.8 lumens throughout the runtime before timing ends.

RobertM

Flashlight Enthusiast
While I normally loathe coin cell lights, this might be a good, inexpensive emergency light to keep in the car. I always have at least 2 EDC flashlights with me, but since I don't ever EDC a headlight, this would be useful for side-of-the-road needs. Plus, at $15, I wouldn't feel bad just throwing it in the car and forgetting about it. :)

martinaee

Flashlight Enthusiast
This seems all signal/emergency light and not "headlamp" at all. Does it not have a white blink mode? That seems kind of strange that they left that out but have a red blink mode.

I agree... normally coin cells are annoying, but considering you can get them super cheap on Amazon and this light is so small I kind of like it. It's kind of like the E01 of blinkies for bikers/hikers.

I wonder how bright the red appears in real life. If it's spread out by diffusion it's not going to be that effective, but if it basically has the red emitter exposed the less than 1 lumen might still be pretty effective as a beacon.

liteningbug

Newly Enlightened
I though this was going to be perfect at first glance as a light to keep stashed for a power outage. It has all the modes you really need for that--when the ambient light everywhere is gone, the moonlight modes really come into their own, and long battery life is king. It's a headlamp which is very useful as you'll likely be needing to use your hands for other things, and it's cheap enough to buy a number of them without breaking the bank.

Then I saw the user interface. :shakehead Why oh WHY must Fenix continually put their brightest modes first in non-tactical lights? That moonlight mode is useless to me if the 8 lumen mode has already blasted my eyes.

May still pick one up but I expect the annoyance of having to cover the dang lens every time I want to turn it on to a lower mode, and having to remember to do so, is going to be a deal-breaker for me. You almost hit a home run with this one Fenix.

more_vampires

Flashlight Enthusiast
Then I saw the user interface. :shakehead Why oh WHY must Fenix continually put their brightest modes first in non-tactical lights? That moonlight mode is useless to me if the 8 lumen mode has already blasted my eyes.

May still pick one up but I expect the annoyance of having to cover the dang lens every time I want to turn it on to a lower mode, and having to remember to do so, is going to be a deal-breaker for me. You almost hit a home run with this one Fenix.
I was planning on modding it anyway. Interface is not a deal breaker for me. I was going to buy a couple, expecting to trash at least once before I get one modded correctly. Cheap enough to do that.

liteningbug

Newly Enlightened
I was planning on modding it anyway. Interface is not a deal breaker for me. I was going to buy a couple, expecting to trash at least once before I get one modded correctly. Cheap enough to do that.

Sounds legit. I've not begun walking the path of modding yet myself, so interface ends up being one of my biggest factors in light selection.

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
Problem is CR2032 has between 190 and 225 mah. Can't get blood from a turnip.
If you have an emitter that is 100 lumens/watt efficiency then to get 20 lumens you need 0.2 watts, which at 5v is only 40ma and at that rate you could get 4-5 hours of runtime (more if not regulated as it drops to 10 lumens or less after 2-3 hours. The fact it rates it at 50 hours at 8 lumens gives me the idea that at twice that output you should at least get 10 hours of "similar" runtime.

Last edited: