*new* Fenix HL10

buds224

Enlightened
I'm liking this one; might have to invest in some aaa eneloops.

The fact that it can be used without the headlamp strap is a plus. Will there be a pocket clip for this in its future?

tam17

Enlightened
Interesting, Fenix goes ZL path. Thanks for sharing!

Cheers

Harry999

Enlightened
I will be getting this. To my mind it is like an updated EO5 and I definitely have a place for this on my key chain. Mode memory is useful as well.

markr6

Flashaholic
Good idea. I always wanted Zebralight to make a different holder like this instead of the tight silicone holder. The two silicone rings work great, but they're so tight they prevent me from ever using the light both as a headlamp AND flashlight...but I WANT to.

Beacon of Light

Flashlight Enthusiast
Finally there is an alternative to the only other 1xAAA headlamp I know exists which is the iTP H-01. Not sure why they have to try to one up Zebralight as I don't care for the gaudy look with amber translucent plastic holder and the swivel head instead of the light itself swiveling.

Last edited:

Harry999

Enlightened
Finally there is an alternative to the only other 1xAAA headlamp I know exists which is the iTP H-01. Not sure why they have to try to one up Zebralight as I don't care for the guardy look with amber translucent plastic holder and the swivel head instead of the light itself swiveling.

With the plastic holder or case as they call it the light can be easily removed and used as a flashlight. It was always hard to remove a ZL from the silicone holder as an earlier poster remarked. I like the idea of the case. We shall see how well it works when we get the light.

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
Interesting design.. for alkaline users I guess you can see if the battery has spewed its guts otherwise I don't much see a use for the see through holder if they made a solid black cover you could swap it out with that would be a plus. I am wondering about the cost I am guessing $37.99 but if they got it in under $30 I can see a good review from this on CPF generating a fair amount of sales as a floody tiny headlamp is a good tool not as much for every day use but occasional use the 2 hour runtime would be a drawback for having this as a work all day headlamp as I have a rayovac 1AA luxeon that gets about 2 hours or so runtime and after 2-3 battery changes in a day it gets annoying. If they could design a AA version similar to this I think they would have a hit on their hands.

Harry999

Enlightened
Lynx_Arc,

The answer from Fenix to a question about retail price on the Facebook page was $30.

jomox

Newly Enlightened
Looks neat, but very low run time on high, deal breaker for me.

GunnarGG

Enlightened
Finally there is an alternative to the only other 1xAAA headlamp I know exists which is the iTP H-01. Not sure why they have to try to one up Zebralight as I don't care for the guardy look with amber translucent plastic holder and the swivel head instead of the light itself swiveling.

Do you mean that the head swivels on the body?
Looking at the pics where the head has different positions it also looks like the tailcap change position.
I think it's like ZL in this aspect.

Looks interesting to me.

twl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Smaller, lighter, swivel-head, eneloop AAA compatible, decent output levels that are nicely spaced, dual-use, and good headband style.

I think this sets a new benchmark in head-lights.
For a person who doesn't care about 280 lumens brightness, and cares more about the less-obtrusive utility, this could be considered a step ahead of the competition.

Yamabushi

Enlightened
I wish they had used a mechanical switch (although that probably would have made the unit too large) rather than an electronic switch. Parasitic current draw is probably very low but AAA doesn't have much capacity to begin with. You can probably lock it out by loosening the head or tail but then you might as well have a twisty.

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
Lynx_Arc,

The answer from Fenix to a question about retail price on the Facebook page was $30.
I would say that pending a non negative review here in CF it should sell well possibly opening up for fenix to make a 1AA big brother version perhaps.

Mr Floppy

Flashlight Enthusiast
90 degree flood is great. Will be on to it like a shot if it was a warm LED (and AA). Hear this Zebralight? Bring back the H501w

Wish they copied the zipka retractable headband too. Don't fancy that holder at all.

CyberCT

Enlightened
hmm not a bad looking light. But as soon as Fenix releases an updated LD01 with the XPG-2, I'm all in.