*new* Fenix RC15

kj2

Flashaholic
15ztif.jpg

Does anyone have more info? RC15 listed on Fenix webpage but can't find more info yet.

TweakMDS

Enlightened
Funny when this topic is the first result in google for "Fenix RC15". Curious too, I'm in the market for a USB rechargeable NiMH, 14500 or 16340 light.

kj2

Flashaholic
Funny when this topic is the first result in google for "Fenix RC15". Curious too, I'm in the market for a USB rechargeable NiMH, 14500 or 16340 light.

Thinking more that the RC15 will use the same type of battery as the RC10.

TweakMDS

Enlightened
Could be, fenix's numbers don't say much about the battery type used. TK15 = 2xCR123 / 18650, E15 = 1xCR123.
Just hoping someone will make a light like the Klarus RS16, but with a normal rubber-capped mini or micro USB port to charge. Fenix seems "mainstream" enough to pull that off, although I'd sooner see them do that with NiMH AA's than with 16340.

twl

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like Fenix, but I don't think that this is one of their better efforts.
I strongly dislike the appearance, and I don't like the UI, and also don't like side switches, and I'd rather charge my batteries in my own charger.

kj2

Flashaholic
I like Fenix, but I don't think that this is one of their better efforts.
I strongly dislike the appearance, and I don't like the UI, and also don't like side switches, and I'd rather charge my batteries in my own charger.

What do you don't like about the UI? It's still low-med-high-turbo.

twl

Flashlight Enthusiast
What do you don't like about the UI? It's still low-med-high-turbo.

Well, it doesn't seem to say that.
It seems to say Turbo first.

But even if the UI is Low first, I just could never buy this light for the other reasons I mentioned.
This is definitely one of the ugliest looking lights that I have ever seen in my entire life.
I like the looks of many Fenix lights, but not this one.

Last edited:

kj2

Flashaholic
Well, it doesn't seem to say that.
It seems to say Turbo first.

But even if the UI is Low first, I just could never buy this light for the other reasons I mentioned.
This is definitely one of the ugliest looking lights that I have ever seen in my entire life.
I like the looks of many Fenix lights, but not this one.
Everybody has his own opinion about looks.
The light will probably have mode memory so you can start in the mode you like.

thijsco19

Newly Enlightened
Quote from the website:
Intelligent memory circuit mode
Lantern remembers the last mode of brightness. He does not remember blinking mode. The next time the lights turn on at the last selected before turning off mode, the brightness.
They say that it has mode memory for the normal output modes, not for the blinky modes.
So yes it has probably mode memory.