*new* Fenix RC15

SimulatedZero

Enlightened
Hm, I would have been a bit more interested if the light had a tailswitch. I see using this light as a duty light more than as a daily user. It does look very nice though.

kj2

Flashaholic
ze4emypu.jpg

Fenix RC15 on shot show

dougie

Enlightened
I'm not adverse to the design of this light but it certainly isn't the best looking one in their line up. Side switches are a personal thing and I like them. The aesthetics aside I can't say I'm impressed by having a turbo of 860 and a high of 350 lumens. It seems to me that the large drop from turbo to high is too much and reduces what could of been a useful light into something for which I personally would now have less use. When you consider that the Nitecore EA4 (which can run quite happily on rechargeable batteries) runs at over 500 lumens on high then this light seems to be inferior. Of course it may be by the time it comes to market that they revise some of the levels but as it stands it won't be on my shopping list! :(

kj2

Flashaholic
It is on my (to-buy)watch-list ;)

Have to agree that the tail-cap isn't the best looking one.

Last edited:

kj2

Flashaholic

Would like to see the same stainless bezel as the one on the RC40. RC15 is the "little" brother of the RC40 imo.

Last edited:

kj2

Flashaholic
21pz44.jpg
2eow2ad.jpg

Of course it's a rechargeable light, but only an hour runtime on turbo? That isn't much..

and hey! it can tail-stand :p

thijsco19

Newly Enlightened
At least you can use any type of 18650 (right?).

Looks really nice, not many rechargeable light that uses an holder as charger.