New Fenix RC40 - 4 Cree XM-L U2 3400 Lumens Flashlight Due Out Next Month

hikingman

Enlightened
I wanna buy, but first have to sell my SR95UT.

Even though your SR95UT and the RC40 probably have similar throw capabilities, the significant amount of spill light emitted by my RC40 can actually be a hindrance at times. So if it were me, the tighter beam of the Olight would be worth retaining too. You need both :devil:

Most of my lights I don't "need" ;)

Hey, I "need" all my "un-needed" lights! :D

BeastFlashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Seeing as you have the SR95 UT, you can test it out against that and if it comes anywhere close to it or beats it ... sell the SR95 UT imo because the RC40 offers much more spill as opposed to the SR90+ line which is like straw pipe tunnel vision.
I think Olight heard you...The SR96 that is soon to be released is a 3 MK-R LED monster with 4,200 lumens!!

bill_n_opus

Enlightened
Was so close to buying this light ... already have the tk70 and many other flashlights (just got a couple d40a Sunwaymans) ... but I think i'll wait for the next gen or gen after that.

Have to stay away from incremental 'light progress otherwise the wife will be upset.

Patriot

Flashaholic
As many of you already know, the SR95UT is a substantially better thrower than the RC40 and honestly, I find them hard to compare. Even the less throwy, lower output SR90 seems like a different class of light altogether than the RC40.

With regards to the SR96, my guess is that it's going to be a great light with a good mix of flood and throw...but leaning toward the floody side (relatively speaking). The MK-R is a 7x7mm quad die and based on the pictures the head size, in relation to it's tube diameter is significantly smaller than the RC40. My guess is that it will be in the 90K lux arena placing it on par with the TK75 albeit with a lot more output.

Grizzly22

Newly Enlightened
If the RC40 uses rechargeable 18650's (which is what I thought I read, correct me if I'm wrong), is charging it safe or is there still the possibility of danger? I'm completely new to anything related to 18650s or rechargeable series.

And also, how many charges could one get out of the RC40?

TEEJ

Flashaholic
I'm always a bit leery of proprietary battery packs. If they work across a family of lights, that I have, then, maybe...like olights SR series. If there's exactly ONE light in the world that takes a particular power supply, its limiting in flexibility.

If there was an adapter for example to slip it into the TK70's tube, sure, now I can use them for more than one light.

DENGOH

Newly Enlightened
If the RC40 uses rechargeable 18650's (which is what I thought I read, correct me if I'm wrong), is charging it safe or is there still the possibility of danger? I'm completely new to anything related to 18650s or rechargeable series.

And also, how many charges could one get out of the RC40?
Danger of li-ion battery is on those unprotected individual cell especially use them in multicell configuration. It is because user might mix cells with different chemical, capacity, age, end up possible of one of the cell totally depleted or overcharged. User might use wrong charger to charge different chemical or capacity of cells either. Proprietary battery used in RC40 will be safer in this regard where manufacturer want to ensure user use the right battery and right charger for their flashlights.

Roger Ranger

Enlightened
This is my second rechargable light. TM26 is the other. I really like the fact that I am not forced to remove the battery pack to recharge this light. Are there issues associated with lights that incorporate the charger into the flashlight body that make this feature undesirable?

goforgold99

Newly Enlightened
Hey Guys,

is there any holster or protection sleeve for the RC40, especially to protect the head/glass when carrying it in a backpack for example?

feifei

Banned
Hey Guys,

is there any holster or protection sleeve for the RC40, especially to protect the head/glass when carrying it in a backpack for example?

No,there isn't,only a shoulder carrying strap,but you could DIY if possible.

martinaee

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmm... The RC40 is still pretty much their biggest light at the moment. I wonder if they are going to drop some new emitters into it or just go with a completely new design.

ryanpatterson

Newly Enlightened
Im looking at buying something in the next few weeks/months and have been drawn towards the rc40. However I have been reading about the outdated emitters and was wondering if they plan to release anything new this year? I just don't want to spend money and find out they are going to release a newer, updated version. Any help would be great.

Thanks

andrew2

Newly Enlightened
Hmm... The RC40 is still pretty much their biggest light at the moment. I wonder if they are going to drop some new emitters into it or just go with a completely new design.

LD75C is much more bright than RC40,and small in size,but they are two different products

andrew2

Newly Enlightened
Much more?? There is only 400 lumens difference. Not really something you are going to notice with that kinda lumens.

Sorry,RC40 is 3500 lumens,not 2900 lumens,TK75 is 2900 lumens,I have remembered incorrectly.So you are right,there is no big difference.