• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired New flashlight: The Copperhead [interest / description / sales] thread

Eciton

Newly Enlightened
I've been using my 219, 45 degree mule for a while, and I'm enjoying it! The optic doesn't seem to be perfectly centred, but that doesn't affect the beam as far as I can tell. The usual great Nichia 219 tint. The weight surprised me! For some reason the mode switching is playing up — I get repeated modes, flickering switching, but I think that might be down to battery contact and the tailcap I'm using.

In short, I really like it! Thanks Dan.

Hi lensman,

Sure, we're in the home stretch and you can send funds anytime, or wait for the final announcement. I don't like to ask for funds until the lights are finished for exactly the same reason you don't like to send it. Stuff happens and I don't want anyone getting nervous!

Does that mean it's time to pay? I would have paid earlier but I've become a bit gun-shy on paying too early for items "in queue" from another hobbyist. I'm still waiting after 14 months!

Let me know and I will PayPal!

Thanks!

THanks for the review Eciton.

To reiterate what I've said before, these TIRs do not have the best beam, but I do the best I can. Specifically, I arrange the parts until I see the best beam on the wall - this may not result in a perfectly centered LED when looking at the front of the light.

Let me know if your flickering continues after you check your tailcap. That is not normal!

I've been using my 219, 45 degree mule for a while, and I'm enjoying it! The optic doesn't seem to be perfectly centred, but that doesn't affect the beam as far as I can tell. The usual great Nichia 219 tint. The weight surprised me! For some reason the mode switching is playing up — I get repeated modes, flickering switching, but I think that might be down to battery contact and the tailcap I'm using.

In short, I really like it! Thanks Dan.

lightcycle1

Enlightened
Thanks Dan. Just lost a little interest and I have some other irons in the fire.

I'm sure somebody will grab my slot.

danke.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Eciton

Newly Enlightened
Hi Dan — a quick change of battery and a clean of tailcap and it seems to be back to normal, so I'm confident that there's no problem with the light itself, thank you. Appreciate the tailored assembly... the beam is great, so that attention to detail has paid off :). The Copperhead is in my pocket today!

THanks for the review Eciton.

To reiterate what I've said before, these TIRs do not have the best beam, but I do the best I can. Specifically, I arrange the parts until I see the best beam on the wall - this may not result in a perfectly centered LED when looking at the front of the light.

Let me know if your flickering continues after you check your tailcap. That is not normal!

UPDATE:

Not quite done yet, but all the light engines are done, tested, sealed, etc. Only need to press them into the tubes and they'll be ready! I'm finishing all outstanding lights at this time. I'll get back on it when I return from work tomorrow (today!)

Thanks, Dan

BarryH

Enlightened
Hi Dan,
Can I pick up lightcycle1's canceled order? I would love to have one of these.

His order form the first page lists: "Smoothy, Optic-FOV 25, XML2 5k, KD 1520, 123 size, Extra 123 Tube, Clip, Shrouded Clicky, LMH, Y Memory, $72"
I'm fine with this if already built, but would prefer no memory and no clip if possible.

All done! Send money! :paypal:

vuryruru.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BarryH

Enlightened
Smoothy, XML2 5k, KD 1520, LMH No Memory, 45 deg Optic, 123 size, Extra 123 Tube, and Shrouded forward clicky would be perfect for mine. ($67)?

Last edited:

jonwkng

Flashlight Enthusiast
All done! Send money!

Okie Dokie! :paypal:

Kindly send my CopperHead to Dan (ElectronGuru) at Oveready. I have an Ice C2 host on hold, awaiting its CopperHead companion. Details in my PayPal notes.

Many thanks to the two Dans! :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Latest posts