New generation of Acebeam EDC flashlight

flycbyrd

Newly Enlightened
This looks very nice. But I have some questions I couldn't find answers too.

1. How does the UI work? On an EDC light the UI is the most important thing in my opinion.
2. Is there a step down when using the Turbo mode?
3. What tint is the LED and will you be offering neutral white tints?

As an aside, I think it would also be nice if lights like this where offered with the XP-G2 (same driver and drive currents). Slightly lower lumens, but much more versatile.
I asked question 2 via email. They said it steps down 40% if powered by 123s but has no step down on 18650s. I dunno if that's common or not. I'm just trying to do a lot of research before I buy a light. We have around 20 emails to each other. Response time on email has been fast.

acebeam

Enlightened
Manufacturer
I asked question 2 via email. They said it steps down 40% if powered by 123s but has no step down on 18650s. I dunno if that's common or not. I'm just trying to do a lot of research before I buy a light. We have around 20 emails to each other. Response time on email has been fast.

answer for 1, the tail cap switch control on/off, and side switch control output models' change, long press is the strobe model;
further answer for 2, depend on battery/voltage, 2*CR123 voltage(2x 3V) will steps down 40% after 5mins, 18650 voltage(3.7V) won't;
answer for 3, the EC32 XPL LED is CW 1A.

Chicken Drumstick

Flashlight Enthusiast
answer for 1, the tail cap switch control on/off, and side switch control output models' change, long press is the strobe model;
further answer for 2, depend on battery/voltage, 2*CR123 voltage(2x 3V) will steps down 40% after 5mins, 18650 voltage(3.7V) won't;
answer for 3, the EC32 XPL LED is CW 1A.
Many thanks for the answers. I do have a couple more and would like just a little more info please on some aspects.

-With the UI. Is the tail cap switch a forward or reverse clicky? i.e. has it got momentary on?

-Is there mode memory?

-What is the mode ordering, i.e. is it Firefly -> Low -> Mid -> Turbo or is it Turbo -> High -> Mid -> Firefly?

-Is Firefly on the main sequence or is it a hidden mode?

-Is there any direct access to Turbo or Firefly from the off position?

-And is there any direct access to Turbo from the on position? i.e If I'm in say the Mid mode, is there a quick way to get to Turbo, or will I have to cycle through the modes until I get to Turbo?

-You say it steps down on 2*CR123, does it put out more lumens when using these batteries? Or is it that on an 18650 it isn't flat regulation on an 18650 (direct drive??) and output will be declining anyhow, so no need to step down?

Thanks again and I look forward to this light.

P.S. would you be interested in a review of this light? I review lights from time to time and would be interested in reviewing one of these.

acebeam

Enlightened
Manufacturer
Answer in blue

Many thanks for the answers. I do have a couple more and would like just a little more info please on some aspects.

-With the UI. Is the tail cap switch a forward or reverse clicky? i.e. has it got momentary on? yes, the tail cap have the momentary on

-Is there mode memory? yes

-What is the mode ordering, i.e. is it Firefly -> Low -> Mid -> Turbo or is it Turbo -> High -> Mid -> Firefly? it's Firefly -> Low -> Mid -> Turbo

-Is Firefly on the main sequence or is it a hidden mode? it's main sequence

-Is there any direct access to Turbo or Firefly from the off position? no, but just on Turbo or Firefly before off position, then next on position will direct access to Turbo or Firefly,like the mode memory;

-And is there any direct access to Turbo from the on position? i.e If I'm in say the Mid mode, is there a quick way to get to Turbo, or will I have to cycle through the modes until I get to Turbo? you have to cycle through the modes until to Turbo

-You say it steps down on 2*CR123, does it put out more lumens when using these batteries? Or is it that on an 18650 it isn't flat regulation on an 18650 (direct drive??) and output will be declining anyhow, so no need to step down? yes

Thanks again and I look forward to this light.

P.S. would you be interested in a review of this light? I review lights from time to time and would be interested in reviewing one of these.
Thanks for your attention to acebeam flashlight, I will inform you once we need your review then.

acebeam

Enlightened
Manufacturer
New Color Is Coming for Acebeam EC32 1200lms Model

CD0mxUfVAAA69XX.jpg

Attachments

• EC32 natual.jpg
    EC32 natual.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:

markr6

Flashaholic
I really like that greyish color and black switch! The black/orange is a bit too Halloween-ish for me. But I hate Halloween!

markr6

Flashaholic
At least I like the pictures in post #27 much better than in post 1.. in post 1 its too shiny...

It could be the lighting or finish, or a mixture of both. I've purchased lights before that appeared to have a nice matte finish, but ended up glossy and cheap-looking/feeling.

ven

Flashaholic
CPF Supporter
Very smart in grey ,holding out on the orange button still but looks like I need to get one. Back up for the back up:whistle:

Although imo it's not got the fenix build quality ,I do love the ec32 . As mine is de-domed xpg2 ,I would love an xpl :)

The different colour choices are a geat idea IMHO . Good work acebeam and a thank you for my x40 carrier I received . Top customer service too so far:twothumbs