New HDS EDC-R1B- rotary 200

yearnslow

Enlightened
Just received one from member AILL on CPFM.

I've never owned one before, and all I can say is, it's replaced my LX2 as my EDC straight away!
I'd heard people rave about these lights on here for a while, and now I completely understand why.
It's virtually perfect as an EDC, the UI is terrific, and it's built like a tank.

I will of course continue to use my surefires as I adore them, but I will definately be looking at a few more of Henry's creations....:twothumbs

Last edited:

AZPops

Flashlight Enthusiast
Congrats on the pick up! Now enjoy the cra, ... I mean the heck out of it! ...

:tinfoil:

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
These rotaries are a joy to have and use. It is hard to let one go when you have had it in your hands. If I were to let my 200 rotary go, it is because I prefer the 120 lumens high CRI rotary with a much warmer tint. The HCRI rotary is what I use 95% of the time between the two rotaries I have.

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
Theirs a few vendors from cpfm that have cr123 for sale at $1 each, when those sales go on stock up ;)

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ordinarily, that would be a good plan, but we have no mains here! It's one of the few places where primaries are justified.

If you have to use primaries, then only use the light you need. Don't run it on high. HDS runs much more efficient at lower levels. Turn the light on in it's dimmest mode, then ramp it up to the level you need. You will be surprised at how long a battery can last when doing it that way.

yearnslow

Enlightened
If you have to use primaries, then only use the light you need. Don't run it on high. HDS runs much more efficient at lower levels. Turn the light on in it's dimmest mode, then ramp it up to the level you need. You will be surprised at how long a battery can last when doing it that way.

I will observe those sensible suggestions with the next battery, at the moment I still need to play with it. :)

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast
Do they make solar battery chargers that will work with CR123 sized rechargeable cells? I haven't looked. But if they do, that might be a good option. Get a few rechargeables and a solar charger. Plus some primaries for cloudy days.

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Do they make solar battery chargers that will work with CR123 sized rechargeable cells? I haven't looked. But if they do, that might be a good option. Get a few rechargeables and a solar charger. Plus some primaries for cloudy days.

The folks at Steripen made a solar charger for 123 style batteries. I have one in a bug out bag somewhere. Good thing I won't be bugging out anywhere.
Here's a link to one bundled with a water purification unit. I'm sure if you search, you can find one without the purification unit.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00DVYXJ0U/?tag=cpf0b6-20

yearnslow

Enlightened
To be fair, we have a solar system that runs the house that is more than capable of charging batteries. I'll probably look into it soon.

scout24

Flashaholic
Cottonpickers, over on the Marketplace, sells several squared away solar setups to charge Li-Ions. Highly recommended... :)