• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

New High Lumen Output Light - FR2700

Robyn at Peak

Newly Enlightened
Peak LED Solutions is introducing our new high lumen output flashlight, the First Responder 2700 / FR2700. This is a very small 2700 Lumen flashlight using any single 18650 Lithium-Ion battery that is currently available.

This flashlight has been designed to use the maximum power output from any single 18650 Lithium-Ion battery powering a Cree XHP 50.2 LED. Both protected and non-protected high current output batteries may be used in this flashlight. The FR2700 flashlight circuit has been designed to extract the maximum current output from protected batteries without tripping the batteries protection circuit. This circuit will also limit ultra high output unregulated batteries to a maximum power of 19.2 watts to the LED equal to 2700 Lumens.

The light isn't on our website as yet, if you would like further information, email me at [email protected].

Best,

Robyn

Vemice

Enlightened
Just got this from Robyn.
nVelm3ql.jpg

Robyn at Peak

Newly Enlightened
Hi all !!

Thank you for all of the inquiries, sorry it has taken longer than anticipated to get this on website for purchase, I am having issues with my web guy :mad: .. Our introductory price will be $195.95 plus shipping .. I know this is a different price than I sent out privately to some of you .. math and I will never be friends! :banghead: I apologize for any confusion. We do have a nice supply ready to ship now .. if you are interested, you can email me directly and I will make sure you get what you want! .. [email protected]

:anyone::anyone:If anyone here knows of someone that might be able to help me out with adding a page to our website .. please let me know or send them my way .. [email protected] - TIA!!

Best,

Robyn

grinsefalle

Newly Enlightened
Hi Robyn, this new FR light looks great! Could you provide more details regarding user interface oder modes?
Are there new Night Patrol lights with tailcap switch?
Thank you!

Michael

Robyn at Peak

Newly Enlightened
Hi Robyn, this new FR light looks great! Could you provide more details regarding user interface oder modes?
Are there new Night Patrol lights with tailcap switch?
Thank you!

Michael
Hi Michael, sorry for the delay in response..
From Curt ..
The FR2700 was designed to use a single 18650 lithium ion battery only, with a limit battery voltage to 4.3 or less. The use of 2 CR123 or RCR123 batteries may cause battery damage. Using 2 18350 lithium ion batteries will damage the FR2700 electronics. Lower powered Peak flashlights that use the 18650 and multiple batteries use an on/off push button tail switch. That switch is only rated for 3 amperes of current. The FR2700 draws up to 8 amps from the battery. That tail switch will fail ..

We are working on a new version of the Night Patrol .. still testing .....

grinsefalle

Newly Enlightened
No need to say sorry ;)
I think I understand. Instead of the mechanical clicky switch, the FR2700 uses an electronic switch. If the flashlight has multiple modes, how can they be changed?
The new version of the night patrol will be very interesting for me! I had an older night patrol NP400 with P7 led and optics and used it on police duty. Later I gave this light to one of my best friends in the german armed forces and he was very happy with it, too. Maybe the time will come to get a new one :)

Michael

knucklegary

Flashlight Enthusiast
Whether switch is mechanical or electronic modes are changed by toggling the switch button
Most electronic switches I've used have very short throw, and a whole lot less audible than clickys
Although, there is No momentary silent flash and dash capability with the electronic switches..
Personally prefer McClicky for self defense lights

Hope this helps, and if I miss understood your question please disregard

grinsefalle

Newly Enlightened
Whether switch is mechanical or electronic modes are changed by toggling the switch button
Most electronic switches I've used have very short throw, and a whole lot less audible than clickys
Although, there is No momentary silent flash and dash capability with the electronic switches..
Personally prefer McClicky for self defense lights

Hope this helps, and if I miss understood your question please disregard
Thanks knucklegary!
I have some flashlights with electronic switches (Olight, HDS, SWM, Klarus), so the switch itself is known. If there is no second switch, rotary or option of turning head e.g., then there are limited options for mode switching - mostly click-sequences (double click, triple click..) oder some press and hold actions. The user interface is quite important to me, especially for lights I use professionally.
I like the peak lights, but unfortunately there is no dealer here in Germany, so with shipping and customs this is a quite expensive joy.

Vemice

Enlightened
I sent Robyn a note asking her to clarify a few things. I still think it's a single mode, rubber covered clicky designed for Law Enforcement. She is very busy with a small shop still putting out her other Peak lights. Hopefully we will hear from her soon.

Robyn at Peak

Newly Enlightened
Hi !!

The switch is single mode, on / off only .. I'll get with Curt next week for a better explanation.

Beam shots are in the works ..

Best,

Robyn

Robyn at Peak

Newly Enlightened
More from Curt ...

The mechanical tail switch used in the lower powered larger Peak lights (NP series and FR400, FR600 and FR800) is rated at 3 amperes of current at 12 volts, this was good for those lights. The FR2700 draws up to 8 amps with a freshly charged 18650 battery. The mechanical switch used in the FR2700 is mounted in the head and not the tail. This switch is rated at 10 amps at 24 volts DC. It is a positive feel switch rated at a minimum of 20,000 on/off cycles. The FR2700 was designed for First Responder duty applications where maximum light output is a necessity for their safety. There is only one output - full on or off. Multiple outputs, strobes, twist on/off or other features only use unnecessary time. Time and light output could be the difference between life and death.

Curt

Hope this helps ..

Best,

Robyn

djj

Newly Enlightened
We are working on a new version of the Night Patrol .. still testing .....

Can you tell us anything about the new Night Patrol? What has been changed?

I have been thinking about getting the NP compact body 600A.

I have the SR 800A and love the old school brightness adjustment knob, and its ability to go from the very lowest of low smoothly up to full power.