New LED from Pelican???

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Has anyone seen the new LED from Pelican? I was flipping through a friends recent edition of backpacker magazine, and saw an ad for a new LED by pelican. I believe it was called the L1 or something like that. It looked very interesting. It is made of plastic and shaped like a smaller version of pelican lights. Has a pocket clip and comes with a "safety" break away lanyard to wear around your neck. I think it said it was powered by 4 coin size cells and offered around 100 hours of burn time (if I remember right?) Has anyone else seen these lights? I just wonder if it would be brighter than the Infinity?? Any info would be appreciated.

redbird

Enlightened
Bob
I dont know about the Infinity but I do know the Pelican L1. I bought one from the BrightGuy and was so pleased I bought two more. I also purchased a Streamlight Stylus 3 and I believe the L1 is brighter than that.

I have a Photon II and while it is more compact I think the Pelican is a brighter light and very easy to carry.

One of the extras went into the wifes purse after she saw how bright it was.

Hope this helps.
smile.gif

RonM

Flashlight Enthusiast
If Redbird says the L1 is brighter than the Photon II, then I can tell you that it is definitely brighter than the Inifinity task light. Don't know how it would compare to the new CMG micro light (think it's called the 0-4. Most people have commented that the L1 is bright, but the button batteries it uses are incapable of supporting 100hrs of light, unless of course you include the hours where it's running very dimly. I don't have one yet, but will probably pick one up at some point.