New LEMAX LX70. Killer Polarion PH50.

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: New Lemax LX70. Killer Polarion PH50.

Well folks, check out XeVision's website! The new lights are there!

Karl

BVH

Flashaholic

Good looking light in a nice form-factor package but I'm surprised at the 4000K lamp color. That's pretty much the old Barn Burner DL50 Fatboy color which is very yellow. Will 5000K lamps be an available option? When you look at all the large commercial & military airborne and marine searchlights, they're all at least 5000K and most are around 6000K.

I'm still a bit disappointed that this isn't the 250 Watt originally discussed light. :mecry:

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast

The 250 just may have been wishful thinking for a "portable" lamp with any decent runtime I guess.... I've always been a "fan" of somewhat cooler lights however and would like too, to have an option for a higher temperature than the 4000K.....

Karl

XeRay

Flashlight Enthusiast

Good looking light in a nice form-factor package but I'm surprised at the 4000K lamp color. That's pretty much the old Barn Burner DL50 Fatboy color which is very yellow. Will 5000K lamps be an available option? When you look at all the large commercial & military airborne and marine searchlights, they're all at least 5000K and most are around 6000K.

I'm still a bit disappointed that this isn't the 250 Watt originally discussed light. :mecry:

We are still working on the 250 and 150 watt project as we have the time, but thats a very large (comparatively speaking) bulb, reflector, igniter, ballast package, not practical (weight and size) at all with a self contained battery. It should be a tethered system with the battery separate. The 150/250 watt bulbs would be in the 5000K to 5500K range.

Back to our new lights being discussed. Unfortunately, there are no QUALITY MADE bulbs for high wattage that are a higher color temperature. I would not consider anything higher than 5000 or 5500K though, even if it was available. at 6000K you would be loosing ~20% of the Lumens output. Even at 5500K your loosing 10-15%. 5000K might be the best compromise, but That bulb is not made by ANY reputable source, for this kind of HID technology. Personally I hate 6000K.

BVH

Flashaholic

I never miss a chance to voice my color temp preference. 5000K is Near Perfect. If I could have my own lamp made, I'd make it a 4750K.

The_Driver

Flashlight Enthusiast

I am very impressed with the specs of these lights!!
Everything seems to have been thought of and done correctly ;)

XeRay

Flashlight Enthusiast

I am very impressed with the specs of these lights!!
Everything seems to have been thought of and done correctly ;)

Thanks for the compliments, we have spent quite a few years getting to this point (our joint development team, about 50 years of combined HID engineering experience), so the product is well refined. There were some previous versions the last few years as well, so the kinks have been worked out in real life use, including tactical users. We are now actively promoting the searchlights now that the product is fully matured and the 50/70 model is also being introduced. We were holding off, for that to be ready for steady production.
Both ballasts and bulbs have been well proven in other applications as well as this one.

5 very critical attributes: we have adequate heat-sinking fins (surface area) so that the light is never too hot to handle up front (the aluminum wont burn you) and it can handle the higher power, 50 and then 70 watts for the larger unit. Also our ballasts are 90% plus efficient (reduced ballast heat) and they are AC output, this is very important for arc stability and bulb life. If you read the downloadable manuals (on our site), you will read the very creative approach used to provide a "fuel gauge" without compromising the housing integrity for both overall durability, simplicity, strength as well as waterproof to 50 meters.

Last edited:

Nativetexan

Newly Enlightened

Congratulations to xeray for successfully bring these to completion. I found all the info on your site except for the pricing. Has that been determined or still in review? Also will we see any CPF discounts in the future? Thanks for bringing this awesome pair of hid's to us.

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast

Fine lights, very fine lights worthy of the most critical users.

Karl

XeRay

Flashlight Enthusiast

Congratulations to xeray for successfully bring these to completion. I found all the info on your site except for the pricing. Has that been determined or still in review? Also will we see any CPF discounts in the future? Thanks for bringing this awesome pair of hid's to us.

I don't understand, all the pricing is there when I look at the page. Just scroll down the page, http://www.xevision.com/hid_searchlights.html The list price is given. There is a $200 discount off of list price, introductory pricing for 1 month.
We do plan to do a CPF Group buy once this intro sale is over. It will probably take a couple of weeks to structure the group buy with progressive discounting depending on how many are purchased in the group buy. Say maybe 10 / 20 / 50 units total. The group buy will be open for something like 16 days, including 3 weekends.

Nativetexan

Newly Enlightened

I do apologize then. I was looking for the price on "pricing" page and totally missed it down in the "description" page. But I was also using a phone instead of the computer. It is there plain as day. Sorry again for my confusion and looking forward to hearing more about the group buy details. Thanks again!!!

Last edited:

XeRay

Flashlight Enthusiast

I do apologize then. I was looking for the price on "pricing" page and totally missed it down in the "description" page. But I was also using a phone instead of the computer. It is there plain as day. Sorry again for my confusion and looking forward to hearing more about the group buy details. Thanks again!!!

We will add something to the pricing page soon as well, we felt that could wait. The intro page was more important.

Dmitriyrus

Newly Enlightened

the 50/70 model
This flashlight has 2 power switch .
What happens if install them in different positions?
For example:
Rotary switch (number 1) - 50W. Rear switch (number 2) - 70W
please explain how to use these two switches.
The manual not written on their joint work
QftMG.jpg

Last edited:

The_Driver

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks for the compliments, we have spent quite a few years getting to this point (our joint development team, about 50 years of combined HID engineering experience), so the product is well refined. There were some previous versions the last few years as well, so the kinks have been worked out in real life use, including tactical users. We are now actively promoting the searchlights now that the product is fully matured and the 50/70 model is also being introduced. We were holding off, for that to be ready for steady production.
Both ballasts and bulbs have been well proven in other applications as well as this one.

5 very critical attributes: we have adequate heat-sinking fins (surface area) so that the light is never too hot to handle up front (the aluminum wont burn you) and it can handle the higher power, 50 and then 70 watts for the larger unit. Also our ballasts are 90% plus efficient (reduced ballast heat) and they are AC output, this is very important for arc stability and bulb life. If you read the downloadable manuals (on our site), you will read the very creative approach used to provide a "fuel gauge" without compromising the housing integrity for both overall durability, simplicity, strength as well as waterproof to 50 meters.

One very important question: how long does it take to reach full brightness?
Polarions are very fast because the overdrive the bulb during startup.

Glowmo

Enlightened

For example:

Of course the LEMAX searchlight has only one rotary power switch. It's the knurled ring between the handle and the battery pack. Only the description is shown in two places.

One very important question: how long does it take to reach full brightness?
Polarions are very fast because the overdrive the bulb during startup.

My LX50 reached full brightness as fast as a (Fibos ;)) Polarion PH50.

Lips

Flashlight Enthusiast

Looks very nice.

Rechargeable Li-Ion battery pack 14.4 VDC, 8500 mA

Is it 2s4p

What brand batteries inside and wondering how it's 8500 mah. (two batts?)

tab665

Flashlight Enthusiast

I like the addition of a molded handle versus the flat metal handle of older versions.

BVH

Flashaholic

Looks like a 4S - 3P (2800 mAh cells?) 3.6 x 4 = 14.4V. 12 cells in total if my guess is right.

XeRay

Flashlight Enthusiast

For example:
QftMG.jpg

[FONT=&quot]Sorry for any confusion, please look again at the drawing of the light in the manual, in the downloadable manual (a blue colored link), the drawing identifies each functional item. There is only one "smart rotary switch" you can use it to toggle back and forth between high / low outputs and for on / off. (50/70 watts for one model and 35/50watts for the other). If you are looking at the markings printed on the back (base) of the battery, that is only to help indicate rotary switch operation when viewing the light from the rear. These same rotation markings also exist on the 50/70 next to the rotary switch. The 35/50 only has the markings on the battery base. They both use the exact same high capacity, long run time battery.[/FONT]