New Mag C-cell incandescent twisties: ML25IT

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Once you figure out his site it isn't so bad. I too was daunted at first.

- Open the site
- Look at top left and see 3 little horizontal bars. Click that for a drop down menu.
- The drop down menu shows glass, plastic or size/chart. Go to size/chart if you don't know your lens size. See ML25 is 40.05mm.
- if you know your lens size go back and click the 3 bars and choose "plastic"
- Once in plastic at top right is Acrylite FF P-99 acrylic lens. Click that.
- At that point you get that gray area where you scroll up and down. Scroll to 40.05 then click on the horizontal "diameter" box. You should see 40.05 x 1.90 appear.
- Add to cart. If you want more than one hit the + at the quantity area before adding to cart.
- You decide there to view cart, proceed to checkout or pay via imaginary money like paypal.

You running it stock or adding output?

Last edited:

Greenbean

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a couple TL-3 lamps coming so yeah it'll get some more POWA!

I added some Vibra-tite to the threads to help with how easily the head wants to unscrew. That really helped!

I plan on hand drilling that reflector opening a bit also.

I forgot I had C-Tenergy cells too, hahaha

I have multiple 18650 cells around and need to grab a PVC tube section as a spacer in the coming week.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I use the tailcap on mine as an on/off switch. Nice touch on the thread hold.

I found the bulb from a TL3 has less artifacts than Maglite bi-pins. If you opt for glass later down the road you can "frost" the bulb slightly with lip balm as a reversable option. It'll melt, sure but scuffing it may weaken the globe.

Greenbean

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cool,

Yeah Gene Malkoff told me about the Vibra-tite stuff a couple years ago. I have a 4-C with his XML in it and it's a great way to keep the head kind of "stuck" where the focus is best.

I'll be ordering a lens later today.

Greenbean

Flashlight Enthusiast
Once you figure out his site it isn't so bad. I too was daunted at first.

- Open the site
- Look at top left and see 3 little horizontal bars. Click that for a drop down menu.
- The drop down menu shows glass, plastic or size/chart. Go to size/chart if you don't know your lens size. See ML25 is 40.05mm.
- if you know your lens size go back and click the 3 bars and choose "plastic"
- Once in plastic at top right is Acrylite FF P-99 acrylic lens. Click that.
- At that point you get that gray area where you scroll up and down. Scroll to 40.05 then click on the horizontal "diameter" box. You should see 40.05 x 1.90 appear.
- Add to cart. If you want more than one hit the + at the quantity area before adding to cart.
- You decide there to view cart, proceed to checkout or pay via imaginary money like paypal.

You running it stock or adding output?

Appreciate the nice easy instructions,

got the same acrylic lens as you ordered... lets see how quick USPS/Covid takes to get it to me.

Greenbean

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow! The lens came in lickety split fast!

Folks if any of you have this light do yourself a favor and get the Acrylite FF P-99 Acrylic Lens.

Makes even the base bulb SO much prettier!

I doubt my TL-3 bulbs are going to arrive before Christmas however I found my 26650 cells and they fit perfectly!

I did remove my labels and just wrote the dates on with a Sharpie, and they will slowly drop in on their own with gravity!

ad2a07ae58bc0084e90226318419e97f.jpg

Last edited:

bykfixer

Flashaholic
That lens really does a good job of hiding filament shadow while hardly affecting throw at all.
I put one on a newer 1/4 turn able LED Maglite that had some artifacts in the beam and it cleaned that up too. It had a small donut hole that the acrylite lens made disappear.

Be sure and turn the coated side to the inside though as Chris (at flashlight lens) says the coating is not very scratch resistant.

Look forward to your thoughts once the bulbs arrive.

Greenbean

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah the lens makes such a great improvement.

I think I'm going to purchase some other sizes to go in some regular mags.

I used a cheap H/F diversi-bit to hand bore the opening. Put the bit in my General Tools #93 adjustable pin vise. Worked slow and easy and came out perfect!

Wow this is a great little lightweight incan gang!

I'm running two 26650s I had laying around. I believe these came from Custom Lites, I also put a small magnet on the front cell and a slightly larger one between the cells. Barely stretched the tail spring and bingo!

cf4abebe1630963673f12c73781844dd.jpg

3b7d1016abdc8ded2288f8689c7a35ab.jpg

ma tumba

Flashlight Enthusiast
From my experience, a 5-cell bulb will get black within the hour. For two li-ion cells, only use 6-cell bulbs. 5-cell bulbs will be severely overdriven...

Not my experience, but I used the 5-cell bulbs with a miser tail switch. They are very bright and white but never get black.

Greenbean

Flashlight Enthusiast
So in keeping with this mag light 3C incandescent topic, I have some extra McClicky switches, how hard would it really be for me to drill my tail cap out and tap it for the switch?

I imagine it wouldn't be that hard, but I'm missing something. This would be my first ever self-made McClicky install, hahaha

325addict

Enlightened
I just ordered the 3-cell version. The option to use two 26650s is really, really interesting! I hope the reflector won't melt, Tad (from Tad customs) just warned me that even the original 6D cell Maglite bulb may melt it... let alone his high-power 7.2V / 1.2A bulbs that exactly fit this light...

xxo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just ordered the 3-cell version. The option to use two 26650s is really, really interesting! I hope the reflector won't melt, Tad (from Tad customs) just warned me that even the original 6D cell Maglite bulb may melt it... let alone his high-power 7.2V / 1.2A bulbs that exactly fit this light...

Most 26650's won't fit. Protected 21700's work great with a spacer and have about the same capacity as 26650's. I just got a standard xenon 3C Mag that I plan to use as a blood tracking/infra red light (using blue/IR filters) running a 6 cell Mag xenon bulb and a pair of protected keep power 21700's.

6 cell Mag bulbs will melt the ML25IT reflector unless you open up the hole as shown in Bykfixer's and Greenbean's posts.

Greenbean

Flashlight Enthusiast
I tried to slide one of my Keepower 26650 cells in and it's just a smidge to tight, (Same with an Xtar 26650) I am not sure if I should try and put a piece of sandpaper on a wooden dowel and run it up and down in the tube, then my button top 26650 cells would fit.

Currently I have two tiny magnets to make contact with the front cell to switch and between the cells.

Maybe I'll try sanding just a smidge this weekend!

However the orange 26650 cells from CL fit perfectly.

Last edited:

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Removing the internal coating may take away ability to use the tailcap as an on/off switch. It comes from the factory with coating on both the tailcap and body expect for a small area so if you want to keep the ability to use the tailcap as a switch perhaps a non conductive grease like di-electric grease can keep that feature remaining.
Or maybe I'm completely off base and removing internal coating won't affect things.

Greenbean

Flashlight Enthusiast
I my have a small hone out in the shed,
Yeah I'd rather keep the head as the switch,

It's like an XXL 2xAA M@g light, hahahaha

Last edited:

jross20

Newly Enlightened
Ordered two from z battery (along with a gray 3D Incan)
They'll be here tomorrow!!!
I ordered a 2C and a 3C for variety

Got a TL3 bulb ordered and I'm looking at those lens mentioned above now. This will be fun.