New member, serious flashlight lover

Bodeeda33

Newly Enlightened
I’m new to the forum, in my work as a boat captain in the Florida Keys and work a lot at night, good lighting of all sizes and power is a requirement. I have every flavor of handheld throwers, torches, and powerful lights. I’m a fan of Thru Nite, Surefire, Streamlight and Elzetta. I currently use a Surefire Titan as my pocket EDC. I love everything about this light except the switch sucks and fails. The Titan Plus seems to be no better just brighter and a lot more money.
I don’t need 300 linens. 50-100 is plenty when looking around tight spaces in a boat, I simply want an EDC Pocket Light that is small, 3” max, runs on rechargeable AAA batteries and is waterproof. I just tried the Streamlight Microstream and while a great light it’s just to big for me to carry everyday in lightweight nylon shorts. I can’t find anything that’s close to the Titan series that’s not cheap plastic. I hope for some good quality input from the forum.

Attachments

• E7D95FCD-69DE-44A4-AB8B-24F3D776E296.jpeg
    E7D95FCD-69DE-44A4-AB8B-24F3D776E296.jpeg
    196.2 KB · Views: 13

kerneldrop

Enlightened
I’m new to the forum, in my work as a boat captain in the Florida Keys and work a lot at night, good lighting of all sizes and power is a requirement. I have every flavor of handheld throwers, torches, and powerful lights. I’m a fan of Thru Nite, Surefire, Streamlight and Elzetta. I currently use a Surefire Titan as my pocket EDC. I love everything about this light except the switch sucks and fails. The Titan Plus seems to be no better just brighter and a lot more money.
I don’t need 300 linens. 50-100 is plenty when looking around tight spaces in a boat, I simply want an EDC Pocket Light that is small, 3” max, runs on rechargeable AAA batteries and is waterproof. I just tried the Streamlight Microstream and while a great light it’s just to big for me to carry everyday in lightweight nylon shorts. I can’t find anything that’s close to the Titan series that’s not cheap plastic. I hope for some good quality input from the forum.

For reliability you just can't beat the Peak Eiger. You'll pass it down or it'll be sold at your estate sale.
Merican Made with Merican Might for Merican Muscle...no fancy electronics or import gimmicks. It's a twisty but you can get a momentary switch that provides a momentary on.
Any of the metal options will work...stainless being the strongest. But unless you're running over it with a tank then it shouldn't make a real-world difference.

There's two sizes to the head, but 3 head offerings.... Peak Eiger, Peak Eiger Ultra, and Peak Eiger Ultra X. The Ultra/UltraX head is larger but has more output. Eiger and Eiger Ultra work off regular and rechargeables. The regular Eiger head will work just fine for you. If you're ONLY going to run the AAA rechargeable then might as well get the Eiger Ultra X....but it only works with rechargeable. All three heads work off rechargeables.

Last edited:

kerneldrop

Enlightened
Thanks for that info. Never heard of them. I ordered the small stainless one. Can’t wait to get it !!!

If you got the keychain body then here's the pocket clip for it, should you want to carry it in your pocket.