New Mini MKIII's for 2021

defloyd77

Flashlight Enthusiast
I tell y'all what, if we waited all of this time only for there to be another problem like the first shipment of Preons having half the runtime on medium or whatever else, I will not be a very happy camper lol.

I'll definitely be doing a crude runtime test on medium and high when I get mine.

scout24

Flashaholic
One week (seven days) since the "YOUR LIGHT HAS SHIPPED!!!" E-mail on the 15th, and USPS still doesn't have it.

It was stated elsewhere that those who purchased both materials might have to wait a little longer for their lights to be shipped.

This one was received yesterday. :party:

278955630_10222195461456090_1514700525365746202_n.jpg

Photo Credit
- Ryan Hewitt

SNES

Newly Enlightened
Looks like titanium versions are now shipping. Just got my tracking number.

defloyd77

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don't get too excited, I've had my tracking number for a few days, but it hasn't even gotten picked up yet and mine's an aluminum one.

Newly Enlightened
Mine arrived on Thursday (mini turbo midnight). Fun little light!

nbp

Flashaholic
Looks like mine should be here Monday or Tuesday. It is at the big USPS center for the city now. Finally getting close!

For anyone who has theirs, what is the beam pattern like?? I really want it to be fairly floody as I really like the Quark Mk III with its broad smooth beam.

defloyd77

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mine arrived today! Thanks USPS for not updating the tracking:rant:

It went from label created , USPS awaiting item to arrived at local post office.

Pics didn't prepare me for just how tiny this little guy is. The beam shape looks identical to my OLight S1R Baton II, but with that smooth, creamy 319A tint.

EDIT: I just popped off the stock clip and put on the optional 2 way clip. Nope, the 2 way clip doesn't even contact the body, definitely not trustworthy unless you have super thick pants. The stock clip is good though, strong, stiff and a PITA to get off lol. It's nice to see that where the clip snaps onto the body, there's a groove for it so the clip can't rotate and it sits flush.

Last edited:
The following correspondence/update was received today, 4/25 -

Hey Gang,

Well I actually have good news, how about that! We received the shipment of replacement pills last week, have inspected them, and are getting started on reworking 1100 lights. That's 200-250 hours of labor on our end and we plan to start shipping next week. I've spent the week making some custom tools to help us get the pills in and out.

We shipped a handful of orders and then I realized it's been so long some people will need to update their shipping address.

Do you need to update your shipping address?
  • You'll have until Tuesday, April 25th to email us about updating your shipping address. If we don't hear from you, we'll ship to the address provided at the time of order. Please use [email protected]!
  • Please copy/paste the following into your email subject so we can track your request: "Mini Pre-Order Shipping Address Change" If you don't, the email won't make it to the right person on time.
Orders will not ship in any particular order. We are reworking batches of all 4 lights and will ship on a daily basis until the rework is complete. This could take a few weeks. As with any order, you'll receive a shipping confirmation email with tracking info when we print the label. This does not mean the carrier has picked up or scanned the shipment, so you may need to wait a couple days before tracking info is displayed correctly.

Thanks so much for your patience and support!

Jason & the Prometheus Team

defloyd77

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just decided to do a quick and dirty, by the eyeball runtime test on high. I'm a bit perplexed, honestly I'm not sure how it went. It's super hard for me to gauge the output of the high mode, as I don't have any other lights with a similar beam and output. I'm pretty sure the runtime advertised is ANSI, which means to 10% and at the 2 hour mark I called it quits as I'm getting tired. The light didn't have any noticeable drops to my eye and was definitely more than 10% of the output at the start. I don't have a means to measure voltage or output for that matter unfortunately.

What really got me is that I was expecting a light this small to get warm with an output of 350 lumens. According to my IR thermometer, the warmest it got was 88 fahrenheit. Does this seem normal to you guys?