New Mobile App - Android Users

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greta

Administrator
Staff member
So there's a new mobile app for CPF. At this time, I only have it for Android users and you should be able to find it in the Google Play Store if you search for "CPF Forums" (version 1.14.2).

I don't have an Android device - except my son's phone which I managed to steal from him and do a quick download and check of the app - so I'm asking you all to give it a run-thru for me. What I did manage to see and go through myself, I'm not so sure it's all that great. Perhaps there are still more tweaks I need to make to get it "right".

In other words... it's still a work in progress. I would appreciate any and all feedback you all could give me on this. So all you Android users... go check it out! Please? ... and thanks... :)

MAD777

Thank you Greta! I'm going to download it now.

Edit: Download & install went without a hitch and interface looks good. I'm editing this now in the app. After few days, I'll know more.

Last edited:

KITROBASKIN

CPF Supporter
Tried it this morning, seems snappy enough, even on a cheapo (starved for memory) rinky-dink Moto E. There are two app choices under CPF Forums. I chose the app with no ratings.

As a devoted member, coming on 4 years now, it is most efficient for me to use the full website on a laptop or iPad. From the Forum page, just tap Quick Links, then Today's Posts, with the format set with most recent post on the first page, on top. Seems like I tried all the options, but could not find a 'Today's Posts' capability on the Android app. But it does display the basic forum clearly.

nein166

I've been using the "Candlepowerforums" App for a month and really like the streamlined minimal interface. I'll give the "CPForum" a try. Right away it looks more like the full web page version.

One thing both are missing is supporter badges. That seems like an easy icon that could be added next to a poster's name

Status
Not open for further replies.