• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

New QTC pills?

GrimCreaper

Newly Enlightened
Anyone know what the turn around time is on the upgrade? I only live 3 hours from their shop, but im about to hit 2 weeks since i shipped them out.

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
There was an initial spike which tapered off to a lower weekly volume. The holdup now is that the guy running the process injured himself.

He's healing now so comparing US/US, we're looking at an extra week for everyone currently on the bench.

GrimCreaper

Newly Enlightened
I hope the injury wasnt severe :(

Thank you for the heads up, i was starting to get worried my package got lost in the mail :)

busseguy

Enlightened
I am getting a used stainless steel peak eiger QTC from someone on another forum. He said it was bought this year, but doesnt know if it has the second generation QTC pill or not.
I would definately like to have the new pill for it, but dont want to send in the light to get one put in. Can I order a couple pills directly from Peak and have them sent to me?, are they easy to install?.

Thanks in advance..

busseguy

Enlightened
I am getting a used stainless steel peak eiger QTC from someone on another forum. He said it was bought this year, but doesnt know if it has the second generation QTC pill or not.
I would definately like to have the new pill for it, but dont want to send in the light to get one put in. Can I order a couple pills directly from Peak and have them sent to me?, are they easy to install?.

Thanks in advance..

Anyone know?.

dudemar

Flashlight Enthusiast
Somewhere in this thread there are photos of the Gen. 2 QTC pill. That should help you identify it. If it's a Gen. 1 you have to send it back because the body is shallow.

busseguy

Enlightened
Somewhere in this thread there are photos of the Gen. 2 QTC pill. That should help you identify it. If it's a Gen. 1 you have to send it back because the body is shallow.

Dang I was afraid of that. I have a feeling that it is a generation one.:sigh:

manoloco

Enlightened
Everybody sorry to message in this thread:

ElectronGuru / Dan, i sent you a PM, hope you can catch it before the closing period of Oveready (Aug 4 to 12)

Thanks!

dudemar

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dang I was afraid of that. I have a feeling that it is a generation one.:sigh:

You have to physically take the pill out of the body to confirm it's a Gen. 1. The Gen. 1 has a metallic circular disc on both sides. The Gen. 2 has a metallic hexagonal disc on one side and a circular disc on the other.

busseguy

Enlightened
You have to physically take the pill out of the body to confirm it's a Gen. 1. The Gen. 1 has a metallic circular disc on both sides. The Gen. 2 has a metallic hexagonal disc on one side and a circular disc on the other.

Okay. Good to know, thank you for the info.

GrimCreaper

Newly Enlightened
Has there been any updates from Peak? Going on a month now since i sent in my 2 bodies. I wasnt hoping for rush services or anything but how do i get a hold of them to just find out of my bodies ever arrived at their facility? Just looking for peace of mind.

GrimCreaper

Newly Enlightened
Dudemar: Robyn got back to me very quick, she let me know that mine had been one of the sets that had been delayed but that it had shipped today :D!

Here i was just expecting a "We have it and will send it out when its ready." and instead got some really good news :)
I have no issues with wait times, i was just very happy to know they had received them in the first place. I was also very happy to hear their guy is up and working which most likely means his injury is healed, or mostly healed up :)

Update: Got the 2 bodies back safe and sound! ramping is back to being butter smooth and havnt had any random jumps so far. Thank you Peak :)

Last edited: