Not open for further replies.

Stumpy

Newly Enlightened
Original clip with a little mod and some gun bluing
DSC_0037-1.jpg

Last edited:

faco

Enlightened
How many of you still do not put a clip on your Ra Light?

I'd like to have a clip on my Ra EDC but definitely not the one that came with it. Just like the Novatac lights, excellent built lights with the ugliest clips ever made. Actually the Ra clip is worse looking than the Novatac clip :thumbsdow IMO only.

If used with a belt they were made for, the clip would function well. The quality of the clip is very good but its not for me especially with the bezel up carry.

My Ra light rides clipless in my pocket until I find a decent bezel down clip for it.

Dead_Nuts

Enlightened
I have an Arc clip on my Custom 170 (temporarily). I have a Ti, bezel down clip with a matching decrenulated Ti bezel on my 140-Cgt. But as I've mentioned before, my 140-T has the stock clip on it. I can't imagine a clip better made for its intended purpose. I use it mostly on molle gear, but it also works on belts or just in my pants pocket. This clip does it all well. Yeah, it looks like crap, but I really do not care with this light.

mbassoc2003

Newly Enlightened
Russ,

As regards the e-mails, I am aware that you received mine, as you posted responses to the in open forum. That is how I became aware of your connection with UT and your objection to my initial poits that a buyer has three days for a refund of the flashlight or it becomes HDS' problem after that.

I don't consider a public forum to be the most appropriate means of communicating with your customers, but that seems to be the choices that have been made.

Once again, UT have two e-mail addresses for me and I have not yet received any responses to my e-mails from the company I purchased my flashlight from. I am taking you on your word that you represent this company. I have no way of confirming this.

As regards specific timings, I cannot speak intelligently of what meand servers or end user computers use to date stamp comunications, but I can say that I use Microsoft's Vista 64 bit, and it cannot even remember which continent and timezone this PC is in from one day to the next, so I wouldn't like to think how reliable two Microsoft PCs and umpteem Appache servers would be when you try to get them to agree on something.

All I can say is that my initial issue with UT's policy was that it is made clear that it is only UT's problem for 3 days and then it is HDS' problem, and that you only refund the cost of the flashlight and not the postage. I felt this to be an unreasonable stance for a company to take (and to be fair I did buy the flashlight with the expectation that it would work and did not question what would happen if you supplied a faulty one), and I voiced that opinion and your responded on behalf of UT.

As I say, UT have not responded themselves at this time.

Going forward, I am intending to pay the $80 to get HDS to look at the flashlight. It seems like the only available option. Once you're in for some $300+ you have little option but to see it through and pay the piper. At this point it is more favourable to pay the $80 and get a decent Ra Clicky that pay $30, take the $100 loss and have nothing to show for it.

You have taught me that buyers should assume the worst and check policies BEFORE they buy, just in case the product they are shipped is faulty.

I bought on impulse from a link to your site on this forum, and I never questioned the 'what if it's faulty' thing. Maybe other international buyers will read these pages and take heed. To them I would say this; The Ra Clicky I received on order from RaLights.com is a fantastic piece of kit. Other than an unnoticable flicker and a 'cool' white light, both of which I prefer to my Novatac, the light is performing brilliantly. It is simply the best piece of EDC kit on the market today. So go and buy one. It is worth every penny, and I am sure if you place an order directly with RaLights.com, Henry will be checking them before they go out the door to you.

mbassoc2003

Newly Enlightened
I like the Henry clip on my Ra Clicky. I find it quite comfortable to hold, and it grips well and sits deep in the pocket or bag. I have tried fitting the old NT/HDS rubber bumpers to it, but they don't sit as well as they do on the NT. But I wouldn't mind a black silicone skin for my Ra Clicky. I just don't know how to make such things.

Imagine that. Little rubber suits for your Ra Clicky.

DM51

Flashaholic
mbassoc2003... you are being a nuisance in hijacking this thread in the furtherance of your dispute. Take it off the board.

mwaldron

Enlightened
Ok, so I spent some time playing with the Clicky, and I think I've decided what I want to change.

I've decided I'd like to enable the remember last mode option and probably disable the strobe. I can't seem to be able to get customization mode to work, I got into it once, but then I was having troubles with the menus. While working on getting the hang of this a single thought came into my mind...

Where is the PC Programming interface!?

Could we at least get it to speak CW?

Status
Not open for further replies.