New SureFire M6 for $245(!)

Gandalf

Enlightened
While checking out The Cutlery Shoppe's site: http://www.cutleryshoppe.com
I came across their price for a SureFire M6: $245!
shocked.gif

I think most sites are selling them for about $100 more. I know I paid a little over $300 for my M6 *before* SureFire's price hike! If you've been lusting after an M6 (and who hasn't?) I doubt you'll ever see them at this price again.

The Cutlery Shoppe recommends calling their 800 number to check on SureFire availability; but my guess would be that they are overstocked on this pricy SureFire model.
rolleyes.gif

ToddM

Enlightened
Actually, they seem to be out of stock on just about everything when I called. The plus side is they will allow backorders at their listed prices. If you notice thier prices on the E2e are in line with everyone else. My guess is as they build up some stock they will update their prices to reflect the increase. Right now their prices are amazing across the board for the more expensive lights.

$94 for a 8NX
$129 for a 8AX
$154 for a 9AN
$105 for a M2
$157 for a M3
$200 for a M4
$245 for a M6

I know the other day I checked on and ordered a 9AN for $154, I also checked to see if they had a M2, M4, and there were out of them all (at that time). They did say they get shipments almost every day from surefire.

However if your not in a huge hurry you won't beat the prices. Course depending on how long it takes surefire to get stock to them the wait could be pretty long. That's the cost of the low price, no real good idea when stuff will come in.

That said I've ordered from them a few times and they are always helpful and professional and I've never had a really long wait for anything I've backordered with them. Before ordering my 9AN I ordered a E2e from them with a spare bulb. They had the E2e but it took about 2 weeks to get the spare bulb.

Their accessory prices are not any better than a couple other places but for anyone looking at their higher end lights, I doubt you will see those prices again without being a dealer.

ToddM

Enlightened
So much for that
smile.gif

Cutlery shoppe's online page now reflects the new price increase.

I know surefire can say they didn't make a big price increase and that it's not surefire making more $ now it's the retailers but bottom line is it's a 25+% price increase for the consumer for most of those items at the cutlery shoppe.

Oh well knew it was too good to last.

Todd

lightlover

Flashlight Enthusiast
Todd,
I've posted a lot of stuff to explain and "justify" the price increase. *eek* *eek*
To bore everyone yet again, the low prices were previously available because the distributors were undercutting their own dealers by buying at distributor level and then selling at retail rather than dealer price. Those guys were destroying SF's business, as well as making excessive profits from the different price levels.
The established contracts finally had to be enforced, before SF lost it's small, non-bulk order sales to ordinary customers like us. (i.e. large Military and Department customers)
Then there would have been no more SureFires at all ......

Most SF's actually went up by about 9%, with some remaining the same.

That doesn't make my wallet any heavier either though - I really do feel your pain.

In fact, I feel my own pain quite sharply too.

But, it wasn't a case of a company stuffing profits by ramping the prices up outrageously.

Them was the *good old days* prices - *sigh*

lightlover