NEW Xtar headlamp

firemedic

Newly Enlightened
The xtar h1 beam shot looks narrow compared to the others, and that on turbo! Man that h600 sure puts out the light! But your paying for it at over $100.00. Whats your opinion on the xtar h1. I know the pictures dont tell the whole story.

Last edited:

FlashLion

Enlightened
Thanks for the pics beast1210. The light from H1 looks to narrow for a headlamp,in my view.I think the XM-L led gives more useful floody light.

beast1210

Newly Enlightened
The xtar h1 beam shot looks narrow compared to the others, and that on turbo! Man that h600 sure puts out the light! But your paying for it at over $100.00. Whats your opinion on the xtar h1. I know the pictures dont tell the whole story.

for ten bucks, Spark has a screw on reflector that brings the super wide to something like an 80 deg. Here its its without the reflector

sd52 14500

sd52wide4v_zpsb5704d49.jpg

subwoofer

Flashlight Enthusiast
Has anyone measured the parasitic drain (on all suitable battery types)? Can be a make or break feature of a light in my opinion.

Hopefully it will be a low uA figure.

Beacon of Light

Flashlight Enthusiast
Why is this so big? The AA light is as big as Zebralights H600 that takes 18650 and the H2 CR123 light looks bigger than Zebralights AA H502, or even the larger H51.

Add to this there is no moon modes on the Xtar that would EVER keep me from buying this.

elbowtko

Newly Enlightened
Why is this so big? The AA light is as big as Zebralights H600 that takes 18650 and the H2 CR123 light looks bigger than Zebralights AA H502, or even the larger H51.

Add to this there is no moon modes on the Xtar that would EVER keep me from buying this.

Perhaps it has to do something with the integrated red LED. I wouldn't mind the 3 lumen moonlight mode because it is in a red LED.

I would still prefer to dream of a H52w though =P

Beacon of Light

Flashlight Enthusiast
So the 3 lumen low isn't even the white LED? From the specs if I understand correctly, the lowest white lumen level is 60 lumens? That's not good if true. If I need the red LED to get down to 3 lumens (which is no moon mode at all) I'll pass as I don't want to have the same experience as Kramer on Seinfeld when he lived across from Kenny Rodger's Roasters.

Perhaps it has to do something with the integrated red LED. I wouldn't mind the 3 lumen moonlight mode because it is in a red LED.

I would still prefer to dream of a H52w though =P

elbowtko

Newly Enlightened
So the 3 lumen low isn't even the white LED? From the specs if I understand correctly, the lowest white lumen level is 60 lumens? That's not good if true. If I need the red LED to get down to 3 lumens (which is no moon mode at all) I'll pass as I don't want to have the same experience as Kramer on Seinfeld when he lived across from Kenny Rodger's Roasters.

The white light also goes down to 3 lumens, there is a full review thread on the flashlights reviews section of this forum