New Years resolutions

Hooked on Fenix

Flashlight Enthusiast
So the Lord gave us free will, put an apple in a tree, and sent us out of Paradise, on purpose.

I guess, I'm not liking that proverb too much.

I prefer to think that I have free will, and that the consequences of my actions, are my own.
God gave man paradise and free will. Man screwed up by choosing to sin and there were consequences. God sent his Son Jesus to die on the cross to give man a second chance at paradise. You have a choice to either accept God and end up in paradise, or deal with the consequences of going somewhere less pleasant.
Romans 6:23: "For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord."
Ephesians 2:8-9: "For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith- and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift from God- not by works, so that no one can boast.

I will be ending 2021 overweight and overdrawn. And I am determined over the next year to shed the extra pounds and get back in to my bank managers good books.

So in 2022 I am not going to buy anymore takeaways, not one. And I am only going to spend money on essentials, so no more lights, knives or anything else I don't actually need. Obviously beer (in moderation) is essential 😂

Anyone else hoping to make changes for the new year.

How about a New Year's challenge? I challenge you to not eat any sugar, either added or as an ingredient, 6 out of 7 days a week for the next three months. You will easily meet your first goal. :)

bykfixer

Flashaholic
How about a New Year's challenge? I challenge you to not eat any sugar, either added or as an ingredient, 6 out of 7 days a week for the next three months. You will easily meet your first goal. :)
There are tons of low sugar alternatives like 10 calorie soda instead of that funky after taste leaving no calorie stuff. Low sugar cereals, and other treats so one does not have to make such drastic changes like going from ice cream sandwiches to rice cakes.

But one place many fail is due to not enough calories or too many at once. My brother switched to a diet where he cut out all of his favorite foods in exchange for all healthy stuff to no avail. He started seeing a nutritionalist who showed him how to eat more at the right times and less at the wrong times. It wasn't long before he saw positive results.

jtr1962

Flashaholic
So the Lord gave us free will, put an apple in a tree, and sent us out of Paradise, on purpose.

I guess, I'm not liking that proverb too much.

I prefer to think that I have free will, and that the consequences of my actions, are my own.
Same here. If my entire life is preordained by some deity or deities, what's the point? All any of us ever really have in this life is free will. Sometimes exercising that free will has negative consequences. Other times it doesn't.

My resolution is simple. To be alive this time next year. Given the events of the last two years, it's difficult to aim for anything much higher.

There are tons of low sugar alternatives like 10 calorie soda instead of that funky after taste leaving no calorie stuff. Low sugar cereals, and other treats so one does not have to make such drastic changes like going from ice cream sandwiches to rice cakes.

But one place many fail is due to not enough calories or too many at once. My brother switched to a diet where he cut out all of his favorite foods in exchange for all healthy stuff to no avail. He started seeing a nutritionalist who showed him how to eat more at the right times and less at the wrong times. It wasn't long before he saw positive results.

Sugar alternatives are not healthy, as your body reacts similarly to actual sugar. Meat/fish/fowl and veggies is a reliable and healthy key to reducing weight.

Hooked on Fenix

Flashlight Enthusiast
Again, you have free will. God gave that to you. Live your life the way you choose to. God didn't want to create beings with no will of their own. You aren't predestined for anything. But know the God of the universe cares about you and wants the best for you. If you chose to go a different direction, you can, but know that you will be lesser for it and the consequences of your actions will be your fault, not God's.

Seriously, you can eat 10 meals a day or one meal a day of veggies, proteins, and fats, and you will absolutely lose weight as long as your calories in are lower than your calories out. You can wake up and midnight and have an entire meal and this still works. Not only have I done this (midnight meal), I managed an entire submarine in the Navy of dudes who did the same thing with tremendous success. Avoiding sugar helps with keeping calories lower, and also helps with blood sugar issues.

And who doesn't love MEAT and buttered veggies?
Chicken.jpg

Dave_H

Flashlight Enthusiast
Some time ago I too resolved to not make NY resolutions. Things that need adjustment or fixing need not, or should not, wait for a calendar rollover.

I do resolve to continue exercise at the reasonable level I do; not setting any records but don't need to. Some is paid (gym) but lots is free: biking in warmer weather, and walking lots of places that are within reasonable distance and time. (OK not completely free if bike upkeep and faster wear on boots and shoes is included).

On that note it's a bit funny in a sad sort of way, that new exercise programs by people often fall away within the first few months (or weeks); requires a certain level of commitment.

Dave

I do resolve to continue exercise at the reasonable level I do; not setting any records but don't need to. Some is paid (gym) but lots is free: biking in warmer weather, and walking lots of places that are within reasonable distance and time. (OK not completely free if bike upkeep and faster wear on boots and shoes is included).

This is a good strategy. Beautiful walks and bike rides are actually fantastic exercise.

Hooked on Fenix

Flashlight Enthusiast
I find that people who choose to diet give up by Super Bowl Sunday in February. Maybe if you stop watching football, you'll lose weight until Valentine's Day when someone gives you candy or you splurge eating out with your partner. If you don't eat that candy or date, maybe you'll make it to Saint Patrick's Day. If you give up drinking, maybe you'll last a little longer. All you have to do is give up watching sports, eating junk food, going on dates, and drinking. That will get you past 3.5 months. But by then, you will have lost contact with your sports and drinking buddies, with no one to date, and none of your vices to comfort you while being lonely.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
My resolution is to overcome my fear of going under anesthesia for surgery, and having an orthopedic surgeon look at my hip. I'm sure that I have at least a labral tear, and/or may need a replacement, but in either case, it's a surgical repair.
Anesthesia is way better than it used to be. Talk to an anesthesiologist if you're concerned about it. I'm sure they will allay your fears.

knucklegary

Flashlight Enthusiast
The anesthesia is last thing I'd worry about..

Orthopedic surgeons history of implantation success/failure rate.. and quality of facility (Medicare?) would be my main concerns

Plus,, make sure you're receiving (Genuine Ford Replacement Parts) American made implant!

Last edited:

raggie33

*the raggedier*
to get **** clarks rocking eve to play some gosh darn rock!!!i hate all this dang rap .

Latest posts