Newbie Question--ThruNite T10S battery

AtomicSleepwalker

Newly Enlightened
Hey guys! First post, and I really hope I'm not posting in the wrong place, or posting something that's already answered somewhere, but I've got a question.

I just got a ThruNite T10S for EDC, and I'm a huge fan. But it's running a little hot--I've got it at about 4 minutes on max output before I notice I definite temperature increase. I'm got an Engergizer rechargeable battery in there, one of the NiH ones. Am I getting heat from the bulb, or because I'm doing something terribly wrong with the battery?

Thanks guys, and again, sorry if this is posted elsewhere. All the articles on batteries I've been reading have been way over my head.

zipplet

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi and welcome to CandlePowerForums!

You aren't doing anything wrong. I own this light too and it's normal for it to get quite hot to the touch on the brightest setting. Using NiMH batteries with this light is highly recommended, you will get much better performance and longer runtimes than using alkalines.

In actual use you would usually be holding the light so the heat generated on the maximum output would be driven away by your hand, improving cooling.

AtomicSleepwalker

Newly Enlightened
Okay, thanks! (Sorry it took me so long to get back to you--Internet's spotty where I am. Didn't want you to think I was ignoring you.)

zipplet

Flashlight Enthusiast
Always happy to help. We are a friendly bunch here, feel free to post any other questions you have!

Latest posts