Next Mod Up: Convert NiteCore D10 from Cool White GDP >>> [Edit: GDP] Neutral Wht

MWClint

Enlightened
Re: Next Mod Up: Convert NiteCore D10 from Cool White GDP >>> [Edit: GDP] Neutral Wht

MWClint, care to post beam shots?
I guess I'm forced to buy the D10 R2 since the Q5's are no longer available. If the R2 beam stinks, then it's nice to know that an SSC emitter may help for my needs. Cheers.

i only have a wall shot comparison pic. the ex10 cree with the high cri seoul is the middle light. as you can see you dont really lose much brightness
compared to other edcable lights.

Peak Pacific U2SWOH, Ra Twisty 100 U-bin, EX10 SSC High CRI P4, Surefire G2 Incan, Spy 007 U2SWOH
sscvsincan.jpg

Tekno_Cowboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Next Mod Up: Convert NiteCore D10 from Cool White GDP >>> [Edit: GDP] Neutral Wht

How does the beam compare to the stock cree? It looks like it would be much narrower in that picture...

MWClint

Enlightened

How does the beam compare to the stock cree? It looks like it would be much narrower in that picture...

yep, it is narrower than the cree ex10 beam, but the spill is brighter and
overall a very smooth transition from spot to spill..no cree rings obviously.
there is the typical seoul corona that you can see on a white wall..but not in
use. if you have used a U2 bin you know what i mean. on the cool white
seouls, the corona is a warm yellow..on the neutral high cri S2 bin, the
corona appears as a cooler tint, but still warmer than a cool white tint. my
camera wont pick up a seoul corona tint..even on the cooler bins.

reds and browns look great. skin tones are lively and not a zombie like pale green.

unfortunatly, my camera wont do outdoor night shots > 6 feet. even with a 3
second exposure on manual mode, you get a black image with no detail and
an overexposed white blob in the center. if i lower the exposure, you just get
nothing. absolute junk.

imo the swap is worth every penny of the $5 for the led. if you dont like it,
it's easy to swap the cree back into it or to try a q3 5a. those of you who want a lower low, will be absolutely overjoyed. mega bonus.

Tekno_Cowboy

Flashlight Enthusiast

$5, is someone forgetting the shipping costs?

I'm definitely going to have to try this mod sometime, I really like a narrower beam :D

bee-man

Newly Enlightened

MWClint, Thanks!