Next small wave of Ti offerings...**SOLD**

flashy bazook

Flashlight Enthusiast
so I am a bit confused as to how this works. There was an initial post by McGizmo two days ago: the info. (if I got it correctly) was that:

-- there are lights for sale;
-- they are of two main types;
-- but, sorry, first type already sold out (how? since the thread on the sale was just starting? is the sale in effect not fully open to all?)
-- then, there are a few left of the others, there is also a partially open/partially closed process of asking for them, sorry, lights sold/no more/finito.

As to the future, there is currently no thought to another 2 year program (but what is then the alternative?).

Did I get it more or less as it happened, or did I miss important points? For instance, is there some other location (website? chat room? what?) that should be monitored for offers of lights? (personally I've never seen an offer elsewhere).

thanks!

AndyTiedye

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Ti S27PD's sold out in something like 25 minutes. :(
The initial post was then edited to say that the 27s were sold out.

Last edited:

Telkin

Enlightened
Hi Flashy Bazook,

Maybe I can help clear things up.

2 Days ago 7 S27's and 16 XR19's went on sale at 4:17pm open to all. All the S27's were sold out by 4:56 ~40 mins later (yes they are in that much demand), several XR19's were remaining for sale.

When you saw the sale thread, Don had probably updated the sale thread to notify members that the S27's were all spoken for. First come first serve is in reference to who sends email to Don first stating which light they want.

So this is a good place to monitor sales of these lights. Just be diligent and camp out and read all the great things this forum offers.

Hope that helps.

Ken

Bob_G

Enlightened
LOL, welcome to the McGizmo forum! :grin2:

Check this thread and do the math - note the time stamps. The link in that thread is wrong, so go to this pre-order discussion thread and poke around. Note the comments and attitudes of the members in anticipation, especially the last page (after the sale was complete.) My favorite was the guy who had an email loaded and waiting on one box while he continually refreshed the sales page on another :D

McGizmo has stated at least once that he considered that sale a fiasco (I think that was his word) and didn't plan on repeating it. Good thing since I have only one computer. Oh, I did the math once on that sale, and I think I came up with almost 100 lights sold in 13 minutes.

flashy bazook

Flashlight Enthusiast
thanks for the responses, AndyTiedye, Telkin, and Bob_G.

I guess if people who tried to get in on the sale within a few minutes of the original post but didn't succeed got disappointed, it's kind of funny I come to it 2 days later and am surprised that it is still not going on! LOL

I also hadn't realized that people can edit their posts after they post them - it makes sense, I guess, that they can do this, so new readers don't react to outdated info; on the other hand, it can also be misleading in its own way (as I didn't understand what happened until you explained it to me).

OK, so now I understand a bit better how the whole thing works, not that it helps very much in a practical way, as even if I decided that I really wanted one the chances are very, very small that I might succeed in getting one in the original sale.

Probably better that way, anyway,
yellowlaugh.gif

jeffb

Flashlight Enthusiast
"flashy", welcome!

McGizmo has been designing and building lights for some time......reading the "McGizmo" forum will give you a sense of evolution of his lights. The "Aleph" series is well documented and Alephs, PD's and others often become available in B/S/T forum.

The "Shoppe" (Wayne and Cindy) sells McGizmo designed lights and parts (other neat stuff, too)

Wayne designs electronic drivers for Mcgizmo (Don)

click link

jeffb

VerbalK

Newly Enlightened
McGizmo said:
VerbalK,
Those e-mails made it through but not the one that counted, unfortunately.

EDIT: I went and checked and Telkin got the last S27-PD so it may be moot anyway.

I does not matter, I will await the next batch.
thanks

Concept

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow Andy nice pick up on the XR19-PD. I just hope they are still coming out once I get my V3 Gatlight as I can only commit to one high end light at a time. Enjoy all you lucky souls!

AndyTiedye

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey, it's cheaper than trying to get a shrink to cure my seasonal affective disorder.

I'm looking forward to the v3 Gatlight too.
Picked up a SS v2 Gatlight last week. What a pretty light!
Continuously variable output rocks, though it seems to get a bit variable (on its own) at the very low end.
It would be really cool to see a continuously-variable McGizmo light.

Last edited:

AlecGold

Enlightened
Nah, no continuously-variable light from McGizmo! These lights are so nice because the are robust, always fire on and simple in the electronics!
Just two levels is enough for my taste :)

TITAN1833

Flashlight Enthusiast
mine has arrived in UK today should get it tuesday,postman willing. tracked to uk with usps. longer this time .i know track and confirm is not without pitfalls .but at least you can see where you lost it. i will let you know when it is in my 00 size fingers.bless you all. i must add my missing xr19-c did not have track and confirm.it is still MIA 2 MONTHS ON. should i give up now.

Last edited:

yaesumofo

Flashlight Enthusiast
The idea is pretty simple.
You snooze you loose.
This has been even more true lately since don has been releasing lights on a semi non regular random basis. The thing is, they go quick.
Yaesumofo

TITAN1833

Flashlight Enthusiast
wow postie knew of my plight,and qiuckly delivered my xr19-ti-pd at 8.30am today.my first impression its going to be hard choosing which i edc well for now it will be s27-c and xr19-pd together.the light on my xr19 seems whiter than the s27 but not brighter the piston is smooth and the threads on the head are smooth and it fits into my artofthehide case which i ordered for my MIA xr19-c.it is the perfect companion for my s27-c i cant fault either. thanks Don for two great lights.

just had another delivery yes my xr19-c just arrived today at 10.30am 2 months later.wow is it my birthday i can now call of the dogs. Don ive got the dang light thanks.

Last edited:

AlecGold

Enlightened
Titan, You lucky basterd, TWO XR19's.... but you had to wait another 2 months for it, so I'll guess it's been a hard and long wait!

TITAN1833

Flashlight Enthusiast
hi i only have one now im not greedy check B/S/T. but i still have two xr19-pd and s27-c oh i feel lucky today.whats next where is that mule.i know get the dogs onto it right away.my secret weapon.
AlecGold said:
Titan, You lucky basterd, TWO XR19's.... but you had to wait another 2 months for it, so I'll guess it's been a hard and long wait!

Last edited: