NI-AL-Bronze and 464 Naval Brass HDS going on sale...

INFRNL

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just keep in mind that they will change the beam profile, unless you make the hole larger. Or if they have them where they won't block the front

Johnnyh

Enlightened
True enough! I primarily use my HDS for more close up stuff out to maybe 50ft so I use dc-fix and diffuse the beam anyways so I guess I forgot about that. I got a pair of these not too long ago and the opening is as it has been, narrowing the opening. Thanks!

thermal guy

Flashaholic
The beam really doesn't change at all. The front cap doesn't block the lens at all. The tail cap has a smaller hole.

d13avo

Enlightened
Just got back from walking the dog with this beauty and wondered how the patina had developed on other Bronze Rotaries.

Last edited:

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
Mine is completely dark in all recessed areas, but all the high areas are naturally polished from constant usage and it's apparent that it's being used every day. Just looked and noticed I've got paint on it, which I'll clean off tomorrow, if I get around to it.

d13avo

Enlightened
Pictures! Mine is fairly dark but still has a few shiny areas. Love this one out of all to date special metal runs. I'll take photo now in the daylight.

Mine is completely dark in all recessed areas, but all the high areas are naturally polished from constant usage and it's apparent that it's being used every day. Just looked and noticed I've got paint on it, which I'll clean off tomorrow, if I get around to it.

TomK85

Newly Enlightened
The Bronze Looks cool, with patina and dark, and also shiny bright like it is made a few days ago... But sometimes there is one in the WTS section.

The bronze Rotary is extremely heavy. Even if the knurling is not perfect I like the Bronze Rotary a lot.

I've only seen one before iirc. I am a big fan of bronze so hope that there comes one for sale.

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
Pictures! Mine is fairly dark but still has a few shiny areas. Love this one out of all to date special metal runs. I'll take photo now in the daylight.
I used to post pictures all the time way back before the photo pail fiasco. I'll try one of the other apps later today maybe.
Yours sure looks great, but because of daily usage mine refuses to develop any patina other than in the recessed areas where there's never any contact with anything else.

Last edited:

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
The bronze Rotary is extremely heavy. Even if the knurling is not perfect I like the Bronze Rotary a lot.
It's my daily user, and has been ever since it showed up in the mail. I gave both Henry and Dan so much grief trying to get a run of titanium and then bronze, that I'm ever grateful they finally did this run for us.

d13avo

Enlightened
I used to post pictures all the time way back before the photo pail fiasco. I'll try one of the other apps later today maybe.
Yours sure looks great, but because of daily usage mine refuses to develop any patina other than in the recessed areas where there's never any contact with anything else.

Cheers Kaichu. If it helps I use Flickr for posting photos now.

I always use my Bronze for outside but in the house I use my Brass so I suppose that gets fondled a bit more.

d13avo

Enlightened
It's my daily user, and has been ever since it showed up in the mail. I gave both Henry and Dan so much grief trying to get a run of titanium and then bronze, that I'm ever grateful they finally did this run for us.

Thank you for giving them so much grief.

d13avo

Enlightened

It is heavy but lighter than the Brass but I also like it a lot, to be honest I think I like the Bronze slightly more than the Titanium which I did not think I would.

Stoneking

Enlightened
It is heavy but lighter than the Brass but I also like it a lot, to be honest I think I like the Bronze slightly more than the Titanium which I did not think I would.

Bronze is way better, you should sell that crappy titanium. ; )