NightStar II with StarCore LED review - FLR.com

Quickbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
New NightStar II

AIT upgraded the LED to something they call the StarCore LED. No it isn't one of those .5 watt LEDs, it's somthing different. Much warmer color temperature and much brighter. I like it! Brings the NightStar up a well-needed notch in brightness.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
You should add in the "minuses" section that charging can resemble a "spanking the monkey" motion to some observers. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Quickbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: NightStar II with StarCore LED review - FLR.co

Nah, I'll let them figure that one out by themselves! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

paulr

Flashaholic

QB, does the Nightstar have any removable parts at all? How much effort would it take to get the switch loose, etc.? What I'm trying to ask is whether the seals are good enough to defeat a 3-year-old who is trying to take the light apart on purpose. Most types of flashlights in the hands of such a kid will end up with pieces being removed, and then eaten or lost.

Quickbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast

No removable parts at all - at least not without using a screwdriver as a prybar..... It's glued and sealed together with some pretty tough stuff.