• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Nitecore Concept C2vn - Subcompact High Output Thrower R

SKV89

Enlightened
Does each emitter have its own mcpcb or do they share one mcpcb? If individual, what diameter is the mcpcb?

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Does each emitter have its own mcpcb or do they share one mcpcb? If individual, what diameter is the mcpcb?

One large thick Quad MCPCB. I will grab pics when I do a comprehensive VNX3 mod.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Will the VNX3 mod change the performance of this light?

In theory it should boost 5000L to 9000L and 100Kcd upward accordingly. I got more stock coming so I can do all the test. I will likely upgrade the cells capacity with suitable drain handing while I am at it. We will see.

Newlumen

Flashlight Enthusiast
In theory it should boost 5000L to 9000L and 100Kcd upward accordingly. I got more stock coming so I can do all the test. I will likely upgrade the cells capacity with suitable drain handing while I am at it. We will see.

I want a driver vnx and upgrade battery for the nitecore c2vn. Lmk the additional cost.

twistedraven

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you think you can run White2s in this host I'ma go ahead and place a custom order.

Sky

Newly Enlightened
Can't wait for the new numbers, it is going to be a winner. Will order as soon as new pricing is available.

twistedraven

Flashlight Enthusiast
To me 100 watts of power is just too much for this little host to handle. The TN40 driven to the same wattage gets hot in like 30-60 seconds.

4 well driven white2s should only be like half that power at most. Plus I'm a throw guy. :sssh:

Can't wait for new numbers.

Last edited:

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Ok so I tried the White 2 with the reflector over the LEDs outside of the light but I was not impressed so I didn't bother to take it all the way.

With the light apart I was able to boost the original circuit and went from 5500L to 6500L. 100Kcd to 115Kcd. Does seam noticeably brighter.

I am going to check out to see if VNX3 will work not. Mod would be rather complicated as we will have to reconfigure battery configuration, MCPCB configuration, and charging circuitry...Boy not sure if its worth all this for may be 1500-2500L more than the power boost....

twistedraven

Flashlight Enthusiast
What kind of numbers are you getting with white2s and white1s with the reflectors outside of the light.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
What kind of numbers are you getting with white2s and white1s with the reflectors outside of the light.

I can't measure it that way. But no point to proceed if the beam and output isn't impressive when paired with this overlapping reflectors.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
I must say this light is very well designed. It's as compact as it get. Most nitecores are innovative but this is one of the rare ones that actually completes.

twistedraven

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hotspot doesn't get noticeably more intense with the Osram emitters?

Don't see how you could fit a vn driver in there.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
The scary part is the mod is irreversible. If I screw up with VNX3 then its a big financial hit.