Nitecore EA41 2015 (XM-L2 U2, 4xAA) review: RUNTIMES, BEAMSHOTS, VIDEO and more!

selfbuilt

Flashaholic
Ive watched a few videos of for this light and it looks like it has a strong spot.
Is there anything in 4AA range that has a good flood lighting instead at a reasonable distance?
You can check out my 4xAA Round-up Review for a greater comparison. But as you will also see in that review, any light can be made into a flooder using a simply DIY flip-top diffuser.

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
....now all the sudden NC is putting the XP-L HI into near any model they can. There is the new EA45S XP-L HI which I believe has the same reflector size? I greatly like the EA41's compactness. Like between a TN4A and GX25A3. Come on NC lets see a EA41GT!! My TN TN4A HI is in the mail and needs some competition.

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am late to reply in this thread but anyway. A few years ago I ordered EA4 NW and I really liked it. I like the design and the hold comfort is excellent. The switch is on the right place. Unfortunately the switch annoyed me: now and then it jumped over levels or when I shut it off it went into strobe mode. Very annoying. So when it finally found EA41 in NW I grabbed it at black friday sale.

Opinion/impression:
The double switch works good without any issue. But it can be hard to find in darkness, and using the light with gloves on hardly works at all. I have not much to say about the modes spacing, it's pretty good. The direct access to low and turbomode is good but there is one serious drawback here: even when you use this function these levels are memorized. It should not be, really stupid!

Otherwize I very much like EA41NW. Nice tint and good throw. I consider it as a good allround light with pretty stable tailstanding.

When it comes to brightness: according to my lightmeter the brightness at turbomode definitely is ~1000lm and this with alkalines. For a short time of course but it really is. I have not yet tried with NiMh or Lithiums cells, though.

Colosus01

Newly Enlightened
I have the Nitecore EA41 2015 model and i am noticing the buttons starting to swell up. Is that common with this model? I purchased it in may of 2016 if it makes any difference.

RollerBoySE

Enlightened
I have the Nitecore EA41 2015 model and i am noticing the buttons starting to swell up. Is that common with this model? I purchased it in may of 2016 if it makes any difference.

The ballooning button problem is supposedly only affecting the previous model (EA4).

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
The ballooning button problem is supposedly only affecting the previous model (EA4).
The EA4 had the two stage camera style button, which did not have the rubber cover. The early EA41s did have a problem with some of them ballooning, but Nitecore redesigned the cover from a different material and no more problem. If I recall correctly, they would send you a replacement cover if one asked.

RollerBoySE

Enlightened

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast