Nitecore hc90 swith problem

CyclingSalmon14

Enlightened
Thanks, very unusual as fenix are regarded quality lights is understand a one off but it seems every HL55 is affected...

I will post more on that thread.

Good luck to those with switch issues on the HC90 hope nitecore come thorough for you guys soon!

Fumer Tue

Newly Enlightened
Why not just ask for a replacement. u can talk to them on facebook.
i saw someone mentioned that he got his problem fixed quite effectively.

bearbreeder

Newly Enlightened
Why not just ask for a replacement. u can talk to them on facebook.
i saw someone mentioned that he got his problem fixed quite effectively.

i talked with the distributer and there was no guarantee that the new one sent would not have that problem

i sent it back through amazon for a refund ...

as to "fixing", well youll need to ship it to china ...

;)

ib134866

Newly Enlightened
Has anyone else experienced this issue

the switch when moved from right to left from the red to green light position wont trigger the green light sometimes

this a brand new fresh out of the box lamp

;)

I am having a similar issue except with the turbo mode. The turbo mode will not come on unless a external magnet is introduced. The technology that nitecore uses on these products is to use a magnetic proximity switch to enable the different modes. I suspect that there is an alignment issue with the internal proximity switch. I have contacted my retailer to determine my options.

bearbreeder

Newly Enlightened
Thats very interesting that yr turbo mode wont turn on without a magnet

on the flip side i wonder if the switch can become demagnetized if its in proximity with magnets or other such things

ultimately i think that nitecore bit off a bit more than it can chew with this switch

if yr going to make a light with fancy tech, your quality control better be top notch

;)

CampingMaster

Newly Enlightened
I received mine four days ago from DX...

Worked OK for 45 minutes and the sliding switch failed -> I have no control on the headlamp, always at Maximum sliding the yellow plastic switch from left to right.

SomeGuy102

Newly Enlightened
I had this problem and figured out a solution. Have no idea why this works but it does... I first tried it with an eagle tac battery and had the same issue. Then I tried it with an Olight 18650 battery and it worked perfectly. Can't think why the battery would make a difference but it did in mine. Hope it works for you too.

PS I contacted nitecore too and they did not respond to me either. Very disappointing...

bearbreeder

Newly Enlightened
I had this problem and figured out a solution. Have no idea why this works but it does... I first tried it with an eagle tac battery and had the same issue. Then I tried it with an Olight 18650 battery and it worked perfectly. Can't think why the battery would make a difference but it did in mine. Hope it works for you too.

PS I contacted nitecore too and they did not respond to me either. Very disappointing...

i actually tried it with both nitecore and fenix 3400 mAh bats and had the same issue with both

its interesting that yours suddenly worked properly with a different bat

;)

Kman47

Newly Enlightened
I ordered my HC90 before I found this thread, so I may have reconsidered buying it. I've had the HC90 for about a week now and have not experienced any of the switch problems as of yet. I'm using the Nitecore 18650 battery and charged it through the light. I'll be looking closely for switch issues and will report back to this thread with any problems.
I would hope if this problem is truly widespread that Nitecore will step up and address the issue. Future sales may depend on their customer service, especially with so many forums and reviews out there.

garey

Newly Enlightened
I'm in the same boat, with an HC90 on the way. My initial concern was contamination into the switch slot. Especially with any Si grease on the slider. I'll give the light a fair test and report back. Thanks for the info.

bassbonde

Newly Enlightened
Just for the statistics: I have the red-to-green-problems too, but no other problems with my hc90. Using Nitecore 2600mA battery, charging in the light

bearbreeder

Newly Enlightened
Its amazing thats there are quite a few folks with issues with nitecore flagship headlamp

Its been out for months, they should have sorted out the bugs by now

;)

Sent from my iPhone using Candlepowerforums

lemma1

Newly Enlightened
Just discovered that I have the red-green problem last night as well but it is sporadic. No other problems at this time but my wife and I use the light almost exclusively at mid-range around the house and camping. My wife likes it and so this will be her light and I will use the Spark SD6, which I like better.

faucon

Enlightened
I've had my HC90 for a week and so far no issues. I've used Nitecore 3400 mAh and Orbitronic 3100 mAh cells with no problems. Both are button top cells of course. Strangely, the Nitecore cell is an almost impossibly tight fit in my HC50 but slides right into the HC90 with no difficulties. Although it's a relatively heavy headlamp with an 18650 inside, I find the HC90 comfortable to wear. I'm keeping my fingers crossed on the durability of the slider switch, but so far, so good. Maybe Nitecore fixed a bug or two and I got one of the later examples. It's early yet but I like the HC90 so far, especially the floody beam and the ability to quickly access exactly the brightness I require.

Last edited:

lumentia

Enlightened
I know this is an old thread but just FYI Vinhnguyen54 in the modding section here had a few with this problem but found the problem and fixed it so all the ones he sells are good (not to mention boosted output lol)

I have one of his and it retired all my other headlights.

jmoyat

Flashlight Enthusiast
+1 HC90vn!
I did have an issue though: light is so awesome that my buddy kept it while on vacation in Mexico, I am waiting for a new one that I ordered from Vinh!!!

gnight

Newly Enlightened
My local dealer will get it back in stock soon, and I asked if it's an updated version with the switch problem fixed, and it was. Would like to hear from you if that can be confirmed.