Nitecore Intellicharger

cbsmith111

Newly Enlightened
I have seen these chargers on ebay and other places and they seem to have good features for the price. They now have a newer version that is supposed to be optimized for IMR batteries. I need a decent charger that will handle most types of batteries and isn't extremely expensive. Does anyone have any experience with these nitecore chargers?

ven

Flashaholic
Used my i4 pretty much daily till i got a vp2,no issues,works as should,not fastest charger but does exactly what it says on the tin,no more,no less:)

Good value imho

Shuutr

Newly Enlightened
I ordered on the river site but there are two sellers and the boxes look differently. Are there fakes? How would I know

Shuutr

Newly Enlightened
For the record both have "2014 edition" on the pictures of the box and in the description.

u6egenev.jpg

2ymy3uve.jpg

Last edited:

mattheww50

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have an I4 V2 as well. It works, but to be honest it is painfully slow if you need to charge up 4 x 3400mAh 18650's. Otherwise no complaints.

Shuutr

Newly Enlightened
The first box is the old one, it is difficult to guess if the 2014 sticker is from Nitecore or a fake.

Yeah, that's what I thought and that is what showed up in the mail today. I wonder, since they weren't changing the model name if they were putting the new design in their old boxes until the box got a redesign. I guess I'll email nitecore just to be sure.

Bigblue

Newly Enlightened
I ordered on the river site but there are two sellers and the boxes look differently. Are there fakes? How would I know

There was an overrun of old packaging so Nitecore continued to use previous gen packaging on the 2014 version. There is a web site on Nitecore that helps you identify the 2014 version vs Gen 2. I looked at it and there are few ways you can tell. I did a quick Google search and can't find it. But if you ask Edison Bright or Nitecore, they'll give you the Nitecore link. Edison Bright gave me the link and it was a Nitecore site.

I'm just going by memory, the 2014 uses metal tracks. There are couple of other differences too.

This is not to say that there isn't a fake out there. But I just want to point out that even though the box is not the new packaging, it doesn't automatically mean it's not the 2014 version.

Bigblue

Newly Enlightened
In both of the pictures in your post, they use the metal tracks. If you look at the real Gen 2, the tracks on the box are not metal.

I don't know why, but in the first few charging cycles, the 18650s only charged up to 4.15v, but after, 4.2v every time.

Shuutr

Newly Enlightened
There was an overrun of old packaging so Nitecore continued to use previous gen packaging on the 2014 version. There is a web site on Nitecore that helps you identify the 2014 version vs Gen 2. I looked at it and there are few ways you can tell. I did a quick Google search and can't find it. But if you ask Edison Bright or Nitecore, they'll give you the Nitecore link. Edison Bright gave me the link and it was a Nitecore site.

I'm just going by memory, the 2014 uses metal tracks. There are couple of other differences too.

This is not to say that there isn't a fake out there. But I just want to point out that even though the box is not the new packaging, it doesn't automatically mean it's not the 2014 version.

Great to hear. I'll check it out.

Edit: it appears that I got the 2014 version. Metal tracks and yellow insert for the power cord. Very relieved.

Last edited:

UnderPar

Enlightened
Am also using the Nitecore i2 in particular. Haven't had any issues at all, except for the slow charging rate. Other than that, am happy with it. :whistle:

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have an i4 V2, I guess it would be the pre-2014 version. I have had no problems with the tracks binding at all. I have charged 18650s and AAs, and it worked great. Cut off at 4.2 every time. The 18650s in my TM11 are getting down to 3.7, so I suppose it is time to top them up.
I plan on getting a car charger cord as soon as I find a box to convert USB to 12V. My solar setup is all USB, including the battery, since I mainly use it for my phone and tablet. Anyone have any ideas?

Shuutr

Newly Enlightened
From nitecore:

"Thank you for your interest in Nitecore's product, you can distinguish the 2014 model from the old ones by referring to information on the following link:

www.nitecore.com/newsDetail.aspx?id=323

Yours sincerely
NITECORE Sales and Customer Service Center"

thepit56

Newly Enlightened
I use the 2014 i4 charger for unprotected IMR 16340 cells and I've never had any issues

Latest posts