Nitecore P12 (XM-L2, 1x18650, 2xCR123A/RCR) Review: BEAMSHOTS, RUNTIME, VIDEO+

BugoutBoys

Enlightened
I probably sound dumb for asking this, but in your runtimes it shows the P12 lasting over 240 minutes.. On Nitecore's site it says the P12 can only last 1 hour 15 minutes on max.. That's only 75 minutes. Why do your actual tests show it lasting so much longer? And why would they underrate it on their manufacturer stats?

D6859

Enlightened
I probably sound dumb for asking this, but in your runtimes it shows the P12 lasting over 240 minutes.. On Nitecore's site it says the P12 can only last 1 hour 15 minutes on max.. That's only 75 minutes. Why do your actual tests show it lasting so much longer? And why would they underrate it on their manufacturer stats?

Maybe they turned the max mode on after every timed step-down? But could the light manage the heat, I wonder...

selfbuilt

Flashaholic
Maybe they turned the max mode on after every timed step-down? But could the light manage the heat, I wonder...
Yeah, their estimate is a little unusual. :shrug: But as always, this is why I recommend everyone rely on actual runtime graphs as opposed to stated runtime specs.

Silverone858

Newly Enlightened
Re: Nitecore P12

Hey there, 2nd post here!
I have been lurking for awhile and finally bought a p12 with nitecore intele charger and 2 2300 mah 18650. Charged overnight and tried it for the first time and the only mode that works is low. With low mode on I can click the mode button and I get nothing until the 4th click which is low again. So I tried the 2nd battery and I get the same. I'm pretty sure it's defective. I am waiting for a reply from the eBay seller (Edison bright led) and just wanted to make sure there's nothing else I can try. What do you guys think?

selfbuilt

Flashaholic

I'm pretty sure it's defective. I am waiting for a reply from the eBay seller (Edison bright led) and just wanted to make sure there's nothing else I can try. What do you guys think?
Do you have voltmeter to measure the resting voltage of the 18650s? Something is clearly defective in this scenario - although you would want to rule out the charger.

:welcome:

knyt_crawlr

Newly Enlightened

The Nitecore P12 looks to be my next purchase. Thanks for the in-depth review! Lots of great info here.

knyt_crawlr

Newly Enlightened

Picked up both a PD35 2014 Version and a P12 2015 Version. Like both lights for different reasons. Like different features on each of the lights. A P12GT and a PD35 TAC arrive next week so I can truly compare all 4 of these great lights to each other.

Latest posts