Nitecore SRT7 'Revenger' [ XM-L2 T6, 1x18650, 2x(R)CR123A ] Review

Wurkkos

candle lamp

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm wondering what would be the expect lifespan of the SRT7 before it starts breaking down on you?
Welcome to CPF world. soul347! :wave:
I don't know your useage condition, but expect the lifespan of the light will be longer enough than you expect. It's well made and sturdy light. Hope you will like it.

Last edited:

soul347

Newly Enlightened
Welcome to CPF world. soul347! :wave:
I don't know your useage condition, but expect the lifespan of the light will be longer enough than you expect. It's well made and sturdy light. Hope you will like it.

Thanks candle lamp that's really good to know. I was originally going to buy a cheap no name brand like trustfire, ultrafire, whatever fire but I wanted reliability and longevity. I'm hoping nitecore is considered to be a decent, quality brand.

I also had a few questions concerning the SRT7 if you wouldn't mind me asking:
1. I saw a stainless steel bezel for the SRT7 on eBay that looks good for self defense. Can I easily remove the stock bezel and replace it?
2. In relation to question 1, should I ever need to strike someone with it for self defense (hopefully never), should the flashlight survive the impact? Is the SRT7 designed for something like this?
3. What are some good batteries that work with the SRT7 in terms of good battery life, reliability and longevity? I'm really lacking knowledge in this department since I'm new.
4. How much heat can they handle? I understand the SRT7 steps down after 20 minutes. If I turned the flashlight off then on again, can I put it back in turbo mode?

candle lamp

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks candle lamp that's really good to know. I was originally going to buy a cheap no name brand like trustfire, ultrafire, whatever fire but I wanted reliability and longevity. I'm hoping nitecore is considered to be a decent, quality brand.

I also had a few questions concerning the SRT7 if you wouldn't mind me asking:
1. I saw a stainless steel bezel for the SRT7 on eBay that looks good for self defense. Can I easily remove the stock bezel and replace it?
2. In relation to question 1, should I ever need to strike someone with it for self defense (hopefully never), should the flashlight survive the impact? Is the SRT7 designed for something like this?
3. What are some good batteries that work with the SRT7 in terms of good battery life, reliability and longevity? I'm really lacking knowledge in this department since I'm new.
4. How much heat can they handle? I understand the SRT7 steps down after 20 minutes. If I turned the flashlight off then on again, can I put it back in turbo mode?

1. Normally I use a reverse side of the mouse pad or rubber glove to open the bezel ring. So I applied apprepriate pressure on the bezel ring from the front of the bezel ring and turn, but couln't open it. Then I've used a large needle nose pliers, but it didn't come lose. I don't recommend the needle nose pliers, because you have to be very careful and not to let not only the jaws slip out of the notches on the bezel but also scratching the AR coating lens when opening the bezel ring. I'm wondering f there is someone who opened the bezel ring.
2. I think you mentioned the impact resistant of the light. The SRT7 gives 1.5m impact resistant which means "if the light is dropped from 1.5m onto hard surface in several orientations, it will not be broken". But try not to drop any light. If you use a very deep strike bezel ring, you will loose the fine and good beam shape (profile) due to the bezel ring shape. I would rather use the tail end to strike someone if necessary.
3. As I mentioned in my review, flat-top 18650 cells will not work in the light due to the positive contact point in the head. Just use good quality button-top protected 18650 cells (capacity 2600mAh~3600mAh). As expected, you will get longer overall runtime with the greater capacity cells. You can find a lot of excellent brands based on LG, Samsung, Panasonic, ETC.
4. The light didn't so hot (i.e., warm) on max. output within 10~15 minutes running in your hands. In order to get max. output after step-down, just click off and on at any time.

Last edited: