Nitecore "Tiny Monster" TM11 (4x18650, 3xXM-L) Review: RUNTIMES, BEAMSHOTS, VIDEO +

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Nitecore "Tiny Monster" TM11 (4x18650, 3xXM-L) Review: RUNTIMES, BEAMSHOTS, VIDEO

I bought mine in December of 2012, so a start date of late in 2011 sounds about right. I remember there was some controversy over initial problems and versions that had died out by the time I bought mine. At the time, Nitecore tech comments said that each XM-L was drawing a max of 3 amps, I assume on Turbo, and how they handled regulating that.

Reji22

Newly Enlightened
Re: Nitecore "Tiny Monster" TM11 (4x18650, 3xXM-L) Review: RUNTIMES, BEAMSHOTS, VIDEO

I bought a TM 11 here in India but the power indicator is not working properly. It simply blinks continuously even though the batteries are on full charge. Is there anything I can do other than returning it to the vendor?

Sent from my iPad using Candlepowerforums

ven

Flashaholic
CPF Supporter

Edited-
Removed to stop confusion......

Last edited:

ven

Flashaholic
CPF Supporter

Just realised its not usb charged(same has happened to me on tm15 which is usb charged)

It blinks on standby to show on standby,hold to turn off then will not blink or as i do a little twist of body to lock out fully.

topcho

Newly Enlightened

Are you sure your batteries are OK. Continuous blinking usually occurs when the charger doesn't detect any reasonable voltage.

oKtosiTe

Enlightened

I bought a TM 11 here in India but the power indicator is not working properly. It simply blinks continuously even though the batteries are on full charge. Is there anything I can do other than returning it to the vendor?

By continuously, do you mean once every few seconds while the light is in standby? That just means the light is ready to go. The indicator light draws so little current that it can blink like that for months. As stated above, lock out by a small twist of the head or do an electronic lockout by holding the button fully pressed for a few seconds while the light is on.

If you mean that it blinks rapidly while the light is on, that means that either your batteries need to be recharged or simply can't handle the current draw. Please post back.

Reji22

Newly Enlightened

It is blinking continuously as if the batteries are dead. But taking them out and putting in my D4 charger shows 4.2v. Is something wrong with the power indicator?
Reji

oKtosiTe

Enlightened

It is blinking continuously as if the batteries are dead. But taking them out and putting in my D4 charger shows 4.2v. Is something wrong with the power indicator?
Reji

You didn't answer my question though: slow blinking while off (standby) or fast blinking while on?

Slow blinking while off good, fast blinking while on bad.

What cells are you using?

oKtosiTe

Enlightened

Are you sure your batteries are OK. Continuous blinking usually occurs when the charger doesn't detect any reasonable voltage.

It's the flashlight indicator he/she is talking about, not the charger. The charger in question actually has a display showing the voltage.

Last edited:

Reji22

Newly Enlightened

It is blinking fast when the flashlight is on in all modes. In standby mode it is blinking normally. The batteries are nitecore 2600.

ven

Flashaholic
CPF Supporter

What charger are you using to charge the 2600 nitecore cells? what is the V read out of the cells on the tm11?

Reji22

Newly Enlightened

The D4 is showing 4.2. But the power indicator of TM11 is not working.

ven

Flashaholic
CPF Supporter

Are the cells definitely working the modes issue free as the tm lights can have contact issues depending on cell length. Do you have any other cells to try? i am just wondering if the 2600mah are maybe a little short..........(just because same brand does not always mean they are compatible with the same brand light).

After that i am struggling and sounds like a faulty light,would be good if could try another set of 4 18650 cells.......if possible

Have you tried using 2(not saying use turbo here) and rotate just in case a cell is duff.............may trace a cell if one is faulty(only a thought again)

After that then sounds like tm11 fault,i am just trying to think of ideas to save sending off, if it can be fixed easily, thats all,just ruling certain things out:thumbsup:

Reji22

Newly Enlightened

I exchanged the head with my friend's TM11 and it was working perfectly. So there is nothing wrong with the battery or the battery holding part of the flashlight. I think the piece is defective.

ven

Flashaholic
CPF Supporter

Then you have diagnosed the head is at fault and will need to contact dealer/shop/supplier .

Reji22

Newly Enlightened

Yes. That is what I am going to do. Thanks for giving me valuable inputs.

ven

Flashaholic
CPF Supporter

Welcome,sorry no other fix,hope a speedy fix either way,please let us know how you get on:thumbsup:

oKtosiTe

Enlightened

Agreed. An exchange is in order. Hope things will work out OK in the end.

Reji22

Newly Enlightened

The distributor has offered me a TM15 at discounted rate as this was his last TM11. What should I do now?

thedoc007

Flashlight Enthusiast
Supporter

The distributor has offered me a TM15 at discounted rate as this was his last TM11. What should I do now?

Hard to say without knowing what you like. The TM15 throws more, but has less spill. It also has on-board charging, if you like that, but between that and the deeper reflectors, it is a bigger light.