Nitecore TM15 (3xXM-L U2, 4x18650, 8xCR123A/RCR) Review: RUNTIME, BEAMSHOTS, VIDEO +

ven

CPF Supporter
Is that $ i presume,i managed $185 without batteries by TNT delivery.............still waiting though:thumbsdow as will be 2 weeks soon.
I bought 4x xtar 2600 protected in UK for £25 delivered,these were with me in 2 days.They need a home:laughing:

Last edited:

ven

CPF Supporter
About same price then............2 good deals imo:D

Cheers,yours too,will get some pics up "when it arrives" :twothumbs
Out of interest eddie,why did you choose the tm15 over the 11 and 26,my reasons were the charging option over the tm11(was a close call though)and little extra size.Although the 26 is a beast,the use of a diffuser would be a little issue and not over struck on look(personal pref,i know not too important but parting with my hard earned i want it to look good as well as perform good) thats just me though:thinking:

Eddie C-clamp

Ven- I really liked the TM11 but the separate charger turned me off a bit. Then the price, the tm15 with batts at 225 is cheeper than any price I saw for a TM 11 batts and charger. The 26 is just too much money for a flashlite on my budget.....I should be receiving mine in 2 days cant wait.

ven

CPF Supporter
:thumbsup: fare enough,great stuff,well i am slower than presumed at recieving mine(typical with the 1 flashlight i am really looking forward to being the 1 time i have an issue).
In short i sent message about post as over 2 weeks,reply was waiting for money,copy of paypal payment on 19th Oct to prove,follower by an apology its now just posted.Checked today with TNT tracking No provided and its on its way to me..............give up:rolleyes:
My xtar 4x 18650s are charged and ready to go,my thrunite flip defuser in works locker.........ready to go.

So 5-7 working days if lucky,maybe back end of next week now,but hey i try and look at the "bright" side........still got something to look forward to in post:laughing:

Eddie C-clamp

Well got the unit in less than a week. This bear I built to last. Its a bit heavier than I thot it would be but that's not a problem. Definitely the best thrower I own and also the mot expensive flashlite I ever bought, if the Mrs ever knew what I paid there'd be hell to pay......I'm very impressed with this bad boy....

ven

CPF Supporter
:twothumbs eddie nice 1,glad happy.
Should have mine early next week according to my tracking No:D
I bought a thrunite flip for it,they are 58mm but fit snug on my ea8 which is same size head.Tried on ea8 and like so getting another for the tm15.Check the bay out,can be found for around $17 which is good value to me.
Pic on the ea8

Will update with a pic when i get the tm.

ven

CPF Supporter
Well it arrived just after i left work on Friday,so picked up this morning:) very happy with it.Surprised how small it is too......and powerful as its the most powerful light i have at present.Threads were dry ,only nitecore i have had thats come this way,have to excuse the crap pics as on phone .

So put some lube on,xtar 2600 in and ready to go

Tried flip diffuser on

Using small string i pulled the wrist strap through

Will get replaced at some stage,maybe a mount similar weklund as really like that set up.
Little size comparison with ea4/p25/m15/ea8

Little nitecore collection

Creative review:thumbsup:

There is no need to quote the entire review just to a a two word response, - Norm

Last edited by a moderator:

DT1

Vin, where did you get the flip diffuser for your TM? I have a TM15 and I'm looking for a flip diffuser for it.

Thanks!

ven

CPF Supporter
Hi there DT1,presume me:) its a Thrunite Catapult V3 white diffuser,its actually 58mm but fits nicely.

Will fit 60mm head on other lights too.I got it from the thrunite_shop on ebay.

It was 1/2 price of other shops asking $35,i paid $17 or in my money £10. Compared to my nitecore 60mm diffuser its far better made,fits more secure.......ironically i prefer the nitecore diffuser for........well diffusing:laughing: just(not technical here) has no imperfections on a wall or indoors(cant notice outdoors so not really important).
I would recommend it anyway,does its job well.

harrycolez

Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask,
Does this light throw enough for looking around outside in the desert, maybe 200m?
Thanks for your time

ven

CPF Supporter
On 1st page,selfbuilt has shots of 100yds so tad less than 1/2 your req distance,the nitecore spec is 363m so if you 1/2 that could say not far off.I can light trees up at 150m over the back of me but not tried any further.The reflectors are deeper then the tm11 version so more throw, so i would say yes......

Is this an excuse to go outside and see:D dont have a desert though.........brb

shelm

Does this light throw enough for looking around outside in the desert, maybe 200m?

Depends.

ANSI throw distance is a technical measure which measures the min amplitude of the light waves AT THE DISTANCE (in theory). But it does not measure the light traveling back to your eyes. Clearly, if you point at my eyes FROM 200m, then *I* can see your TM15 well. But if it's dark and my clothes are black, then *YOU* will not be able to see me, because the light gets fully absorbed by my black clothes.

Vice versa, if you shine at a white-painted big wall in a dark surrounding, then *YOU* will be able to see the reflected light from 1000m or even 2000m distance on a clear day (no fog).

So it really depends on what you're looking at. On a lake or in the ocean at midnight, you won't get visibility of black ducks beyond 50m with the TM15. All light gets absorbed by the dark water, and the beam hotspot absorbed by the black duck.

An object is bright and visible not because your light is powerful and throwy but because it reflects the light back to your eyes. If an object does not reflect any light, you won't see anything. All you see is black.

Last edited: