Nitecore TM36

380long

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone know anything more about the Nitecore EAX??? I'm loving this light and would like to know more about it!

holylight

Enlightened
I´m a bit disappointed. Specs are almost identical to Olight SR95S-UT and that came out last year. Don't get me wrong, this certainly is a great thrower but I expected Nitecore to do more than follow the competitors with equally advanced light.

Nitecore must lower the selling price to make it attractive. I remember when ea4 first release, it got cpf talking on it. This tm36 may hit the sweet spot again if it is not too expensive.

oRAirwolf

Newly Enlightened
250,000cd on the TM36 is nothing to scoff at...I am almost kind of glad it isn't just an XM-L2 TM26, because I didn't want to have to buy it...

druidmars

Enlightened
I have no SBT-70 light... just my old SR90... weak and feeble:whistle: I wonder how would they compare...

Predator507

Newly Enlightened
The throw was quoted at 1000m.

cd=.25(throw in meters squared)

1000m*1000*.25 = 250,000cd

Sorry, but I think this is not a good way to calculate the candela.

My TN31 L2 has 840 meters throw.

840x840 = 705600

705600x 0.25 = 176400 candela

But the TN31 L2 has only 90000 candela

Capolini

Banned
I feel that most, if not ALL Nitecore torches are OVERPRICED!

Exception! I got the EA4 a few weeks ago for $53.00. It has the NEW/TESTED switch,so that is good and I do like the light.

If you compare the TM11,15 and 26 and what their outputs/cd to several others, the Nitecore are much more expensive.

I will give one example! The BST[Black Shadow Terminator] does not have the fancy voltage indicators ect. that Nitecore has[I know my torches and batteries so well that I can predict the voltage within .03 after an hour walk[turbo!] with the Siberian].

The BST has about the same lumens with a little more throw/cd than the TM26 for less than 1/3 the price!

I know this may not be a popular post,,that is ok, we are all entitled to the way we view things and have different perspectives!

Ciao,,,Roberto,,,"Capo di Capo" "KEEP LIGHTING UP THE DARKNESS"

My Three favorite torches- TK-75, TK-35 and BST!

Last edited:

holylight

Enlightened

Exception! I got the EA4 a few weeks ago for $53.00. It has the NEW/TESTED switch,so that is good and I do like the light.

If you compare the TM11,15 and 26 and what their outputs/cd to several others, the Nitecore are much more expensive.

I will give one example! The BST[Black Shadow Terminator] does not have the fancy voltage indicators ect. that Nitecore has[I know my torches and batteries so well that I can predict the voltage within .03 after an hour walk[turbo!] with the Siberian].

The BST has about the same lumens with a little more throw/cd than the TM26 for less than 1/3 the price!

I know this may not be a popular post,,that is ok, we are all entitled to the way we view things and have different perspectives!

Same as ea4, there is place and timing to be rite to get cheap nitecore.

Capolini

Banned
Same as ea4, there is place and timing to be rite to get cheap nitecore.

WHAT ARE YOU DOING UP SO LATE??!! It is 4:40 AM !

Maybe in Germany!! Gutten tag! I don't know how to say night! I will have to ask my German friend, Dr. Eissler!

I got my BST for $105.00 [normally $135 to $150], TM26 about $380.00 on most websites! It is so high to begin with, that if you do get a better deal you may be lucky to get it for $300.00, maybe $280.00,,,still almost 3 times as much!

It is all personal choice. Not about right and wrong.

A TK-75 is only $180.00, half the price. It surpasses any nitecore in PBI/throw/Candela's

Last edited:

TEEJ

Flashaholic

LOL

I suppose if all you compare is cd and lumens, and there's nothing else about a light you consider when comparing them, you could argue that one or another is more expensive per lumen, etc.

If you also consider whether the light might run longer or shorter, still work if you drop it, has a better or worse UI, for you, than another, and so forth, its a lot harder to make an apples and apples comparison, because some things are harder to quantify and come up with a dollar per pound, or dollar per lumen, etc, type of scale.

For example, I had a DRY 3 XML that puts out more lumens per dollar than about anything else I had, so its lumen per dollar ratio was very high....which, by the above comparison plan, would make everything else over priced.

I don't consider everything else over priced though, because part of what I pay for is the quality, and the reliability of a light. I don't have a reliability per dollar scale, so, I don't have a good way to say light X is more reliable per dollar than light Y...it's more of a subjective judgement call.

A dropped DRY produces zero lumens per dollar, and a not-dropped DRY puts out an incredible lumen per dollar ratio. Which value is the one to compare to say a reliable light's output, that when dropped, keeps working?

What is the UI preference per dollar formula?

:D

Last edited:

holylight

Enlightened
WHAT ARE YOU DOING UP SO LATE??!! It is 4:40 AM !

Maybe in Germany!! Gutten tag! I don't know how to say night! I will have to ask my German friend, Dr. Eissler!

I got my BST for $105.00 [normally $135 to $150], TM26 about $380.00 on most websites! It is so high to begin with, that if you do get a better deal you may be lucky to get it for $300.00, maybe $280.00,,,still almost 3 times as much!

It is all personal choice. Not about right and wrong.

A TK-75 is only $180.00, half the price. It surpasses any nitecore in PBI/throw/Candela's

Nice information. Better lights are coming out cheap is good news for me.

Capolini

Banned
LOL

I suppose if all you compare is cd and lumens, and there's nothing else about a light you consider when comparing them, you could argue that one or another is more expensive per lumen, etc.

If you also consider whether the light might run longer or shorter, still work if you drop it, has a better or worse UI, for you, than another, and so forth, its a lot harder to make an apples and apples comparison, because some things are harder to quantify and come up with a dollar per pound, or dollar per lumen, etc, type of scale.

For example, I had a DRY 3 XML that puts out more lumens per dollar than about anything else I had, so its lumen per dollar ratio was very high....which, by the above comparison plan, would make everything else over priced.

I don't consider everything else over priced though, because part of what I pay for is the quality, and the reliability of a light. I don't have a reliability per dollar scale, so, I don't have a good way to say light X is more reliable per dollar than light Y...it's more of a subjective judgement call.

A dropped DRY produces zero lumens per dollar, and a not-dropped DRY puts out an incredible lumen per dollar ratio. Which value is the one to compare to say a reliable light's output, that when dropped, keeps working?

What is the UI preference per dollar formula?

:D

LOL!!! I don't always take the time to elaborate and write dissertations like you!

These lights I am comparing have also been RELIABLE!

So, if you or anyone else wants to spend more money for Nitecore products, that is your "Freedom of choice" . Nothing wrong with that.

One thing you DID NOT MENTION OR CONSIDER is the WEAK warranty that Nitecore has compared to some other lower cost,reliable and higher output torches!!! A warranty can be very important!:thinking:

Ciao,,,Roberto,,,"Capo di Capo" "KEEP LIGHTING UP THE DARKNESS" :D:D:crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup:

oRAirwolf

Newly Enlightened
Sorry, but I think this is not a good way to calculate the candela.

My TN31 L2 has 840 meters throw.

840x840 = 705600

705600x 0.25 = 176400 candela

But the TN31 L2 has only 90000 candela

The calculation I used is the ANSI NEMA FL-1 standard for calculating throw. You can derive the throw from the cd or the cd from the throw because they are both variations of the same equation.

Beam Distance

The distance in meters at which the flashlight produces a light intensity of 0.25 lux. This is not very bright, about equal to a full moon. This distance is not actually measured. Instead the value is calculated by taking the peak beam intensity measured above, dividing by 0.25 lux, and taking the square root of the result. For example, the Quark AA has a peak beam intensity of 1,622 cd. Divide this by 0.25 to get 6,488. Now take the square root to get 80.55. This agrees with the value on the packaging, which is rounded to 81 meters.
USixDM5.png

Last edited:

Fugu75

Newly Enlightened
Any news on this? I need one proper light to replace my year old TK75. Other choices are Olight SR95S-UT, Supbeam X60, Olight SR96 and EagleTac MX25L2 SBT-70 with turbohead. As you can see, I have not decided yet whether to go with the flood or throw.

TurboBlaster

Newly Enlightened
I was ready to pull the trigger on the Olight SR95S-UT

But Nitecore is my favorite brand and I like the black minimalist look of the TM36

So I will wait :D

Latest posts