Niwalker MiniMax Nova MM15 (2xMT-G2, 4x18650) REVISED Prototype Review: RUNTIMES+

Status
Not open for further replies.

ven

Flashaholic
:thumbsup::bow: awesome steven,i am sure many owners will be very grateful for that video:twothumbs

Bass

Enlightened
Last edited:

kj2

Flashaholic

ven

Flashaholic
Kj2 try Flashaholics in the UK http://www.flashaholics.co.uk/niwalker/niwalker-minimax-nova-mm15.html price with shipping to the EU would be about €180. Use discount code CPF at checkout for additional 7% discount. That will save you over €50 compared to Taschenlamp.

I got mine from them and have bought too many lights from Antony over the years :)

Thats a pretty good offer is that Bass,find some of their lights on the expensive side ,others not so, but that seems a good offer does that,especially for the UK!!

kj2

Flashaholic
Thats a pretty good offer is that Bass,find some of their lights on the expensive side ,others not so, but that seems a good offer does that,especially for the UK!!
To Vn or not to Vn.. :rolleyes:
Price of the MM15vn isn't that much more, than the regular light. But.. there is always that customs-part ;)
Just hoping to get some good news, on Monday. If so, I really have to order one :D

ven

Flashaholic
To Vn or not to Vn.. :rolleyes:
Price of the MM15vn isn't that much more, than the regular light. But.. there is always that customs-part ;)
Just hoping to get some good news, on Monday. If so, I really have to order one :D

Well with which ever decision you make(hope its a vn one) good news comes on Monday:thumbsup:

Bass

Enlightened
For those that need some more information on the included carry handle, here's some images.

You need to remove the main tube and screw in from the back. A bit fiddly with the included hex key but simple enough.

ven

Flashaholic
Yes big thanks Bass,superb pics:twothumbs i can see you took some tips from me.................:thinking: ok maybe not :laughing:

Thank you:thumbsup:

ven

Flashaholic
What are your opinions Bass on the handle please,mine are on the negative side tbh,more an afterthought imho.........and difficult to judge heat unless constantly checking body.........also makes the switch use less friendly, as when holding body it just falls perfect for the switch

Bass

Enlightened
What are your opinions Bass on the handle please,mine are on the negative side tbh

It's perfectly adequate IMO. As the MM15 gets hot quickly it is necessary for when you need to run the light for prolonged periods. The design is well thought out; much better than the prototype version.

Regarding the switch access, I don't see how they could have improved it without putting the switch on the handle. This could only be done if the handle was permanent, non-removeable and part of the head or tube.

I would have like it to be quick release, a click lock design but at the price that surely won't happen and the head or tube would need to be bigger.

ven

Flashaholic
If you go for the vn kj2 you need 6.5A per cell,the best overall cells seem to be the PFs at 10A and 2900mah,i use the IMR KeepPower 2100 rated at 30A(I like overkill):twothumbs(same as 20r inside)
But you cant run on turbo for long ,be it standard or vn due to heat,but if longer run times at level 5(around 2000lm) then higher mah the better.I top off my cells so 2100/2900 for me is not too important .
Not sure what the AW are rated at,if protected make sure they wont trip..........just a thought:thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.