Niwalker MiniMax Nova MM15 (2xMT-G2, 4x18650) SHIPPING Review: RUNTIME, BEAMSHOTS+

dazed1

Flashlight Enthusiast
CPF Supporter
No, it's 2000 lumens for 2+ hours (on the 2200mAh 18650 batteries used here). The 5000 lumen Turbo mode steps down after a few mins to the lower 2000 level (hence the longer runtime). The 5 hours spec for the 2000 lumen level was wrong, as it was based on a calibration scale error in my earlier prototype testing. The runtime graphs in this review of the shipping version are accurate.

Thanks, sorry!

Edit, what does to 50% means in the runtime graphs?

2.25 hours > 50% on lvl 5?

Last edited:

selfbuilt

Flashaholic
Edit, what does to 50% means in the runtime graphs?
It means the time it takes for the light to drop to 50% of its original output.

Prior to the release of the ANSI FL-1 standard for runtime measures (which is defined as time to 10% output), most people here used 50% as a good end point for comparing lights. In well-regulated lights, time to 50% and time to 10% are typically the same, or similar. But in lights with a direct-drive like pattern (like this one), a time to 10% measure results in much longer stated runtimes. Many object to this fairly low cut-off of 10% output in ANSI FL-1 measures (i.e., you would not intuitively think ~15% output was still considered within published runtime specs, but it is). The spec was agreed to by manufacturers, were it has inherent marketing advantages for lights that run on low power alkalines.

dazed1

Flashlight Enthusiast
CPF Supporter
It means the time it takes for the light to drop to 50% of its original output.

Prior to the release of the ANSI FL-1 standard for runtime measures (which is defined as time to 10% output), most people here used 50% as a good end point for comparing lights. In well-regulated lights, time to 50% and time to 10% are typically the same, or similar. But in lights with a direct-drive like pattern (like this one), a time to 10% measure results in much longer stated runtimes. Many object to this fairly low cut-off of 10% output in ANSI FL-1 measures (i.e., you would not intuitively think ~15% output was still considered within published runtime specs, but it is). The spec was agreed to by manufacturers, were it has inherent marketing advantages for lights that run on low power alkalines.

Thanks. What about the runtime compassion with the 3100 mah cells, is it ANSI standard measuring as well i guess?

selfbuilt

Flashaholic
Thanks. What about the runtime compassion with the 3100 mah cells, is it ANSI standard measuring as well i guess?
I don't report runtimes to the ANSI standard of 10% output. Instead, I present the actual full runtime graph (and mention time to 50% in the legend).

Danielsan

Enlightened
so when i order one from banggood, how can i see if its the new version of the light? The picture above has still the orange PCB, how can i realize the updated one?

leggera16

Newly Enlightened
Is the main physical give away the lack of plastic plate on the end of the battery carrier? I think this was removed so there was an extra 2mm for batteries.

mine just has sticky paper on now

ven

Flashaholic
CPF Supporter
Is the main physical give away the lack of plastic plate on the end of the battery carrier? I think this was removed so there was an extra 2mm for batteries.

mine just has sticky paper on now

I thought and stand to be corrected that the "sticky paper" was there to cover the screws,iirc there may be 2 or so lots of in case of removing the cover.......but thought this was on top so would not effect the internal measurements

On a side note,when i removed the end section and fitted the straw mod( that works a treat) i did notice the centre post is in fact metal inside with rubber sleeve. So it was not as bad as i 1st thought,but could still cause an issue if the cell rap and a worn rubber centre post allowed to came in contact................

My concern now is more on the edge of the head when fitting cells,extra care is required not to scrape the cell raps due to angle...........Not an issue with IMR being shorter in length,but now aware its possible with care to avoid any damage:thumbsup:

rsen

Newly Enlightened
2 questions:

1. What is the lumen level for the strobe function? (5000 lumens or 2000 lumens?)
2. How long can the strobe mode stay on continuously?

Thanks

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
2 questions: 1. What is the lumen level for the strobe function? (5000 lumens or 2000 lumens?) 2. How long can the strobe mode stay on continuously? Thanks
1. Same as turbo, 5233 lumens. 2. Strobe run time should be double what turbo run time is speced. Turbo run time is speced at three hours, so turbo run time would be six hours.