• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Noctigon K1vn - Best Single 21700 Thrower R

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Is it possible to "untrip" the protection circuit?

I ask because I've used protected cells exclusively for the last 15 years and have never run into this issue.

Putting cells in charger can reset the cell but sometimes its just dead. When they die I just rip off the protection then rewrap.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
K1vn with W2.1 has a good amount more lumen than W2 but just a bit more throw...Hmm...

wDIRDhH.jpg

Agpp

Enlightened
K1vn with W2.1 has a good amount more lumen than W2 but just a bit more throw...Hmm...

wDIRDhH.jpg

Hmm...
I suppose you tried focusing them manually?

Was that the same host or 2 different ones? Maybe some production variance?

Are they the same CCT? If you're using different luxmeters for cd and lm measurements CCT change could affect the results...

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Hmm...
I suppose you tried focusing them manually?

Was that the same host or 2 different ones? Maybe some production variance?

Are they the same CCT? If you're using different luxmeters for cd and lm measurements CCT change could affect the results...

Lots of variables for sure. I will pull a stronger conclusions after building several more. And yes each light beam and focus is carefully tuned.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
K1vn now with SBT90

• Stock White2 @2s: 1000L, 570Kcd, 1510m
  • White2.1 5400K @2s: 1160L, 600Kcd, 1549m
  • Stock SBT90 5700K @2s: 4285L, 475Kcd, 1379m
  • SBT90 5700K De-Lens @2s: 5150L, 545Kcd, 1477m Big Gains ;-)

SKV89

Enlightened
I don't understand how that is possible. I thought de-lens is only good for 2-5%.

wolfstyle

Enlightened
Vinh what color host is in the pictures on the first post? Not sure if that is the silver or gray.

Anyone own one of these with W1.1? Curious to see/hear how it stacks up to the competition of similarly comparative throwers.

I just bought one with W1.1 but I forgot to buy specifications... curious if any can share their specs on this with W1.1 since it's not an option by default on Vinh's store.

Super hype! My K1vn W1.1 should arrive tomorrow. I've not had a light in my possession with more than 220kcd for at least 9 months now, so I'm eager to re-live the thrill of throw! This one should exceed 700kcd and my body is completely ready.

Last edited:

MAD777

Flashlight Enthusiast
When is the K1vn with SBT90 too hot to handle... or when does it significantly step down?
I have larger 5K lumen lights that get hot very quickly, but they are powered by 4 XHP35 HI or 4 XHP70.2 emitters.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

MAD777

Flashlight Enthusiast
I still this light no longer available?
This is a great light! For its size, it has plenty of both throw and lumens with a good sized hot spot. Plus, it doesn't get hot fast, even when clicked up into turbo (which requires a double click past the top of the ramp or two double clicks). It will squeeze into a jacket pocket & comes with a holster. It's just a notch below my TN40Svn (XHP35 HI) but a whole lot smaller and, most importantly, doesn't get hot like the 40S does. Oh, and it's a bargain!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk