• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Noctigon K1vn - Best Single 21700 Thrower R

b8llzblue

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sounds like a beast when you make a comparison with the tn40svn!
I think the new fireflies t9r will make a good matchup since it's in the same category. Suppose to release next week. Slightly smaller head but utilizes same 90.2 led. https://youtu.be/57B2RbCHEso

b8llzblue

Flashlight Enthusiast
Got my k1vn90 today and it's more than everything I could have asked for. I'm blown away by the performance. Puts my nightwatch ni40 sbt90 to shame in both Lumens and lux. I can't believe it's hanging with the Tn40svn! It sure throws further than the tn40svn and it's just short about 2000 lumens. This light is truly a must have. If not this light, get the mt35vn. I actually wouldn't mind having a 26650 sized handle on the k1vn. I'm getting 645 kcd!

Oh, is there a way to turn off the blue lighted switch when I have the light turned on?
thanks

Last edited:

b8llzblue

Flashlight Enthusiast
Now it's time to find a similar light with a tail cap switch. So it can stay in my car.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Got my k1vn90 today and it's more than everything I could have asked for. I'm blown away by the performance. Puts my nightwatch ni40 sbt90 to shame in both Lumens and lux. I can't believe it's hanging with the Tn40svn! It sure throws further than the tn40svn and it's just short about 2000 lumens. This light is truly a must have. If not this light, get the mt35vn. I actually wouldn't mind having a 26650 sized handle on the k1vn. I'm getting 645 kcd!

Oh, is there a way to turn off the blue lighted switch when I have the light turned on?
thanks

This light is one of those light I always asked myself how come I am not a fan...I guess the top heavy makes it awkward for my particular hand. Otherwise whats not to love...?

b8llzblue

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yea it is a very top heavy light especially that the handle is so short. But what I do is I hold onto upper part of handle and my index and middle finger is holding onto the heat sink area. ( underneath the side switch) this makes for a more balanced feel.
If this light is top heavy, shouldn't the mt35vn be a good light for you? Same performance but it's evenly weight distributed since it has a 26650 handle.
another idea is to flip the light upside down, hold the light so that the switch is underneath ( facing down) and you press and cycle the modes with ur index finger.

Last edited:

MAD777

Flashlight Enthusiast
This light is one of those light I always asked myself how come I am not a fan...I guess the top heavy makes it awkward for my particular hand. Otherwise whats not to love...?
The K1vn never felt top heavy to me. So tonight, I played with a half dozen of my lights, all with side switches.
I realized that I always use my index finger on the switch, with the switch facing down. This results in choking up on the light when compared to operating with your thumb while the switch is topside.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk