Noobie With FourSevens Quark Tactical QT2L-X

S

Sparky911

Newly Enlightened
Purchased my new QT2L-X and was surprised to see how advanced these things are. I am an old retired electrician but do carry a concealed weapon and felt I needed a tactical light to go with it. Anyway, the light is fantastic (even though I have not quite figured out all the operations yet). Since receiving it I have spent quite a bit of time on the WWW, and this forum, with the main interest of going rechargeable. What I have gathered so far is that I may be best served with a 17670 cell. What I cannot readily determine is exactly what to purchase for battery and charger, and source. Any input would be greatly appreciated. I surely thought eBay and Amazon would be likely vendors but I just cannot seem to put it all together. Thanks very much!

LightWalker

LightWalker

Flashlight Enthusiast
I recommend getting a protected buttontop 16650 battery with 2500 mah and a Nitecore D2 charger. Illumination Supply has Keeppower 16650's and the D2 charger for a good price.

Drclaw

Drclaw

Newly Enlightened
+1^ what he said!!!!

R

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm also running the same set-up (IS is now illumn.com, btw) but I would advise looking for a different charger since the D2's max current is only 0.5 amps (it can take a 4-5 hrs to charge a 2500 mah 16650, and I wouldn't leave Li-ions charging unattended). Check out HKJs site Lygte-info.dk for charger reviews.

N

NH Lumens

Enlightened
Yes, the 16650 cell is the way to go, I'm using the KeepPower 2500mAh version in my QT2L-X Burst Mode light. You can also use an AW IMR 14500 cell in a single AA body for the same light output in a smaller package, though with about 1/3 the run time (see below).

This charger has thus far served me well;

http://www.xtardirect.com/products/xtar-vp2-charger

My Quark Sistas

quarks-1.jpg

B

BillSWPA

Enlightened
You received good advice on the Keeppower 16650 above.

Comp-Tac makes a Kydex light pouch that will fit a Quark. it is one of the nicer light pouches I have seen.

I set my Quark Tacticals for strobe with the bezel tight, and maximum with the bezel loose. I carry them with the bezel tight, but not too tight. This way, I can flip the light around in my hand and turn the bezel one-handed if I just need to see something.