• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Not a Flashlight! It's a Thinker's Toy

nbp

Flashaholic
Hi Fred,

I read this thread a while ago, and have thought about it periodically ever since. I would be interested in something along these lines, but perhaps more of the traditional worry stone shape, sort of egg shaped and thinner, and concave on the large sides for a thumb to rub, and easy to flip around in the fingers. Some sort of texture, but nothing jagged to rip up a finger if you rubbed it quite a bit. I love some of your exotic metal designs, don't know if I can afford them, but I would be interested to hear any ideas you might have. Else, I like Ti quite a bit too. Thanks. :)

PhotonFanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi nbp,

I'd love to be able to make what you our outlining, but most likely that would require a CNC machine to accomplish. Those kinds of surfaces, while not impossible, are pretty hard to achieve on a manual lathe, especially an oval shape.

nbp

Flashaholic
I see, thanks Fred. I didn't know if it required a machine or could be done with more manual techniques or what. If you have any other ideas for something similar, I'd be interested to hear it. I love what you made for HH, it just seems a little "bulgey" to keep in my pocket. Something flatter would be more desireable, even if more circular than oval. Maybe like a textured half-dollar type item.