Notification of PM

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator
The notification of a Private Message by e-mail does not seem to work. I have the box checked in "my profile". Is there anything else I need to do? I apologize if this has been discussed before.

Greta

Administrator
Staff member
Roy,

If it makes you feel any better, I haven't been getting notified either. There's nothing more that you need to do... I think it's something with the server.
icon3.gif

Let's do this... Is ANYONE getting PM email notifications?!?!?! If no one is getting them, I think I know the problem. But if some are getting them, it's a server thing and that will have to be worked out with them somehow... IOW, that's David's dept.
wink.gif
grin.gif

Darell

Flashaholic
I get some notifications, but not others. We need a little waving flag at the top of the page when we log on. Having to check the profile page is somewhat of a pain in the butt...

Saaby

Flashaholic
I get my nodifications. I also have it set up so it eMails me when somone posts to the Chat forum~~I get those too. Usually within an hour or so...

I have a great way around the PM problem...use eMail
grin.gif
nobody checks their PMs until the eMail comes in anyway...

Darell

Flashaholic
That would be GREAT - but you can't control who PM's us... unless you turn that feature off, I guess. I'm not a fan of PM at ALL, but there are many folks who exclusively use it to contact me.

I just checked, and over the last month, I've sent five PM's (all responses to incoming PM's). Only one of the five has been read.
frown.gif

Saaby

Flashaholic
Yup. Who votes for a trial of a PM free CPF? I know (Darell can attest to his) that I reply to my eMails *very* quickly. PMs are a different story...I usually delete the notification and then forget about the PM for about a week
grin.gif

Greta

Administrator
Staff member
I'm not going to turn off PM's. The main reason being, that I do NOT want to listen to all of the moaning and whining.. and you all KNOW that it will never stop until I turn it back on. Nope, the PM's stay guys... sorry. put a post-it on your monitor as a reminder.

That all said... I'm not completely unsympathetic. I hate the PM system on here too and I am NOT getting my email notifications. I've been watching the progress of the PM modification on the developement site. There are still ALOT of bugs and more people are UNINSTALLING the modification than not. So I'm keeping my eye on it for now. I'm trying guys... really I am...
frown.gif

Darell

Flashaholic
I actually meant me *personally* turning that feature off for my profile - so if somebody wants me, they'd HAVE to email me. I think that's my best answer in the short-term.

Thanks for staying on it, Kel.