• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Notta Designs BEAM in Titanium for sale

non

Newly Enlightened
This is a gorgeous light. and the beam profile is the best I've seen. $500,$475, NOW $450 shipped USPS Priority

Notta Designs Beam in Titanium with a Nichia SW40 219B and 3A LD-A4 driver.

Spec:
Material: 6Al-4V Titanium
Size: 18350
Pill: Brass
Reflector: McR-20S
LED: R9080 4000K 219B
Driver: 3A LD-A4 Constant Current Linear Driver w/ external temp sensor installed
Clip: Custom Art-Deco Notta clip
Switch: McClicky Forward Clicky switch
ti clipL.jpeg
ticlipr.jpeg
tiface.jpeg
titail.jpeg

Last edited:

kerneldrop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh wow. It's hard to find a reflector 18350.
MCR 20mm reflector is excellent.

Reactions: non

:)>

Flashlight Enthusiast
McR-20 is incredible… I don't know why it isn't used in more lights… incredible blend of hotspot and spill. The OP makes it buttery smooth.

Reactions: non

non

Newly Enlightened
Its also the ammount of energy the designer puts into actually focusing the beam (pun intended). A very established maker told me it is a *really * time consuming process. The possible configurations of the driver are extensive. Unfortunately I prefer mechanically single level lights. I bought it mostly because 3 amp draw on high. I can't run it like that without making sounds for the immense exodus of photons leaving the front of the light. Which is pretty fun.

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
Its also the ammount of energy the designer puts into actually focusing the beam (pun intended).
maybe turn the light ON, and post a pic or two of the Beam youre talking about..

non

Newly Enlightened
I will try tonight if it is not raining. I would describe it at 50/50 flood/spill but with LEGS. Don Mcleish said it best, "punchy flood".

non

Newly Enlightened
2012 point and shoot camera. Full Dark 40 yards to tree. Tree is 12 feet wide and fully lit by the hotspot. Not a fine example of my claims but what I can do now.
beamspot2.JPG

Last edited:

non

Newly Enlightened

Link to datasheet for the driver. It has all of the programming possible (which is extensive). One feature I think is neat , is you can password protect your (programmming). I imagine it is near impossible to accidentally click your pasword and enter programming mode (at least until the chimps start typing Shakespeare).

catdog.JPG
catfight.JPG

My dog Venus watching the boys wrassle.

non

Newly Enlightened
A better face shot and a diagonal. The clip is not worn/damaged it is left factory bead blast on the edges then polished on the faces. A really nice piece.

nottabusiness.jpg
nottadiag.jpg

non

Newly Enlightened
Price Drop to $450

This is a Nichia 219b. I elaborated in the first post.

Last edited:

klackey

Enlightened
I was watching and watching.... decided to make an offer and logged on ONE hour too late...... enjoy the light and if it gathers dust... repost for sale.. :) Love to hear what you think of the light once recieved..... I could not find much on the net about them........