NovaTac 120E with RPM SS Bezel (picture heavy)

streetmaster

Enlightened
I just wanted to post a few pics of my 120E sporting a new RPM stainless bezel that I received today. I think it's simply beautiful.
Now I'm afraid to EDC the light! I don't wanna scratch it. :D

I also wanted to thank Richard for making these amazing products at an affordable price. Shipping was very fast, and the item was packed carefully.

NOTE: This is not the only style bezel that Richard makes for this light. He makes quite a nice variety of them.

Pictured here with the original black bezel to show the difference in size.
RPMStainlessBezel1014.jpg

RPMStainlessBezel1003.jpg

RPMStainlessBezel1021.jpg

RPMStainlessBezel1045.jpg

RPMStainlessBezel1059.jpg

RPMStainlessBezel013.jpg

:rock:

Last edited:

Spikedog

Newly Enlightened
That looks great. I'm kind of a newb, so how/where would I get a bezel too?

streetmaster

Enlightened
That is beautiful! How much side spill did you lose?Thats tall.

Yeah. The only drawback. It does cut out a fair amount of sidespill. I haven't really done a comparison. But it's noticeable. I don't care, I can easily swap the original back in any time I need more.

RPM makes a decent variety of styles for this light. I just chose the tall one because I like the look. :devil:

I would post pics of all the styles he makes, but I will leave that to him. Just PM him and he will send you all the info you need. There's like 11 choices including: short, tall, smooth, crenelated, Stainless, Titanium. :naughty:

Last edited:

tx101

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have two different styles of RPM SS bezel.
The one I have on my Novatac is the plain tall bezel.
I use the tall crenelated bezel on my GanP

DSC00596.jpg

streetmaster

Enlightened
Very nice. I like the short one just as much as the tall. They all look so nice, it's hard to choose just one. I can't decide if I want to buy a short crenelated, or just polish the original one. Seeing how money is a bit short at the moment, I think I'll polish the original, then buy a $10 original from LightHound to have on hand in case I need to send the light in for warranty work. Wow, I just talked myself into buying more flashlight stuff. Amazing how that happens. :whistle:

tx101

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very nice. I like the short one just as much as the tall. They all look so nice, it's hard to choose just one. I can't decide if I want to buy a short crenelated, or just polish the original one. Seeing how money is a bit short at the moment, I think I'll polish the original, then buy a $10 original from LightHound to have on hand in case I need to send the light in for warranty work. Wow, I just talked myself into buying more flashlight stuff. Amazing how that happens. :whistle:

No need to buy an original ... PM me your address and I will send you one
of my original bezels :)

RichS

Flashlight Enthusiast
That looks great! This prompted me to PM RPM (wow say that 10 times fast..) about these bezels. I wanted to stick with the shorter crenulated bezel to keep the large spill per your post so I went with the short titanium crenulated (on the right). How hard was it to get your old bezel off? Did you have to put anything on the threads of the RPM bezel to get it to stay on good and tight?

IMG_6215.jpg

I can't wait to get this! I'd also like to get a new lens for this while I'm at it to get a little more output at the same time. Recommendations? I could go with the UCL at Lighthound, but I thought I also saw a sapphire crystal lens available for it somewhere. Which has better light transmission?

-Rich

Last edited:

tx101

Flashlight Enthusiast
@RichS Use the mouse mat trick to get your bezel off.
Place the light on a mouse mat so that the head/bezel is sitting on the mat
Push down and twist anti clockwise the light to unscrew the bezel. You can use the sole of a tennis shoe instead of a mouse mat for more grip.
I did not use any thread lock to reinstall my bezel ring just the reverse of the mouse mat method, pressing down and clockwise but screwing the bezel hand tight before doing this.

RichS

Flashlight Enthusiast
@RichS Use the mouse mat trick to get your bezel off.
Place the light on a mouse mat so that the head/bezel is sitting on the mat
Push down and twist anti clockwise the light to unscrew the bezel. You can use the sole of a tennis shoe instead of a mouse mat for more grip.
I did not use any thread lock to reinstall my bezel ring just the reverse of the mouse mat method, pressing down and clockwise but screwing the bezel hand tight before doing this.
Great, thanks - I'll give this a try.

Dead_Nuts

Enlightened
The long bezel will do two things; it will cut out some amount of spill and it will better protect the lens. I agree, they all look good, but let's not forget about the utilitarian reasons behind longer bezel designs.

streetmaster

Enlightened
That looks great! This prompted me to PM RPM (wow say that 10 times fast..) about these bezels. I wanted to stick with the shorter crenulated bezel to keep the large spill per your post so I went with the short titanium crenulated (on the right). How hard was it to get your old bezel off? Did you have to put anything on the threads of the RPM bezel to get it to stay on good and tight?

IMG_6215.jpg

I can't wait to get this! I'd also like to get a new lens for this while I'm at it to get a little more output at the same time. Recommendations? I could go with the UCL at Lighthound, but I thought I also saw a sapphire crystal lens available for it somewhere. Which has better light transmission?

-Rich
My bezel came right off with the mousepad trick. There was no glue or Loctite on it. I guess some of them are glued, not sure which ones, I think maybe the latest run of them might be.

As far as the lens to get, I can't help you on that one. I don't know enough about them to give you good advice. Hopefully someone will jump in here with an answer for you.

No need to buy an original ... PM me your address and I will send you one
of my original bezels
@tx101, Thanks!! :thumbsup: Man, there are some great people in this community.

:crackup: RPM is probably wondering about the sudden rush of PMs in his inbox :D

Last edited:

Dead_Nuts

Enlightened
The UCL lens will give you the highest light output. The lexan or plexiglass is the easiest to scratch, but the hardest to break. Sapphire offers extremely good scratch resistance, but less output than UCL. Hope this helps.