NovaTac 120E with RPM SS Bezel (picture heavy)

RichS

Flashlight Enthusiast
My bezel came right off with the mousepad trick. There was no glue or Loctite on it. I guess some of them are glued, not sure which ones, I think maybe the latest run of them might be.

Cool..hopefully mine will also be loctite-less. Thanks.

The UCL lens will give you the highest light output. The lexan or plexiglass is the easiest to scratch, but the hardest to break. Sapphire offers extremely good scratch resistance, but less output than UCL. Hope this helps.

Great info, thanks Dead_Nuts! UCL it is!!

tx101

Flashlight Enthusiast
Optical grad polycarb was used and cost a heck of a lot more than UCL. It was done so the lens would not break... ever. Even when thrown as hard as one could at a cement wall. (Did that!)
Quoted from Hogokansatsukan, from this Thread
post #23

So the trade off is scratch-proof or bomb-proof :D

RichS

Flashlight Enthusiast
Quoted from Hogokansatsukan, from this Thread
post #23

So the trade off is scratch-proof or bomb-proof :D
Point taken. But I won't be throwing it at any brick walls as hard as I can, and if a bomb shatters the UCL and ruins the light I guess I'll have to buy another one (if I'm still alive). ;)

streetmaster

Enlightened
I think I'll stick with the Polycarbonate lens for now. A glass lens may chip or crack if the light is dropped and lands bezel first. Which is very likely since the head end is most likely heavier. The only time I might switch to UCL would be after the Polycarbonate one gets scratched up(not likely with the new tall bezel).

jzmtl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Point taken. But I won't be throwing it at any brick walls as hard as I can, and if a bomb shatters the UCL and ruins the light I guess I'll have to buy another one (if I'm still alive). ;)

UCL is not that scratch resistant. I have one on my mag, I'm careful with my light but still got some deep scratches on it somehow.

RichS

Flashlight Enthusiast
UCL is not that scratch resistant. I have one on my mag, I'm careful with my light but still got some deep scratches on it somehow.
Sure, but glass is more scratch resistant than polycarb. All joking aside, I can see why many would want to stick to the poly lens in this light. The tank-like nature of the light draws many to it, myself included. I'm just leaning toward light transmission on this one even though it makes the light a little less bomb-proof. Call it living on the edge...

wojtek_pl

Enlightened
Ugh... Ughly ! Looks kinda cheap and like chinese plastic...
Should be coated or painted at least black or better in the color of the flashliht.

PS. I use UCL over standard lens. Prefer scratch proof :)

streetmaster

Enlightened
It won't look all shiny like that after it's been used for a week or two. To each his own. I like variety, that's why I'm going to polish the original bezel. Then I will have 3 different styles including a black original(thanks to tx101).
Ugh... Ughly ! Looks kinda cheap and like chinese plastic...
Should be coated or painted at least black or better in the color of the flashliht.

So, I suppose you might think this is ugly?
Clicky.jpg

Last edited:

tx101

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yup, ugly .... it looks kinda half finished

:nana::nana::nana:

by the way streetmaster, your package is in the Post :)

RichS

Flashlight Enthusiast
This thread made me want one of these for my 120P. I opted for the shorter titanium bezel to keep the spill larger and went with the UCL while I was at it.

Thanks RPM!!

3020393235_cd2dc7580b_o.jpg

3020394189_1f5a5d4e06_o.jpg

streetmaster

Enlightened
Hey RichS, thanks for the great pics. I'm hoping to see even more pics from any other people that recently got a beautiful RPM bezel for their NovaTac.

Sure, but glass is more scratch resistant than polycarb. All joking aside, I can see why many would want to stick to the poly lens in this light. The tank-like nature of the light draws many to it, myself included. I'm just leaning toward light transmission on this one even though it makes the light a little less bomb-proof. Call it living on the edge...
The good thing is that if you do happen to damage the UCL lens you still have the polycarb one as a backup. Where did you get the UCL? I might grab one if it's cheap enough.

Last edited:

streetmaster

Enlightened
A big "thanks" to tx101 for the extra OEM bezel.

I polished it so I could have a nice short one that doesn't cut out any sidespill. Here's a couple pictures to show how it came out. I think maybe it needs a little more fine touches, but I like it!

P1010019.jpg

P1010021.jpg

Gatsby

Enlightened
Nice work across the board.

Now if I could only find a bezel with trits installed ... or even a source of the right size trits for the bored out bezels...

:candle:

tx101

Flashlight Enthusiast
That look good Streetmaster .... makes me wanna polish my remaining OEM bezel
as well :D