NovaTac 120E with RPM SS Bezel (picture heavy)

titan305

Newly Enlightened
A big "thanks" to tx101 for the extra OEM bezel.

I polished it so I could have a nice short one that doesn't cut out any sidespill. Here's a couple pictures to show how it came out. I think maybe it needs a little more fine touches, but I like it!

P1010019.jpg

P1010021.jpg

How did you polish it? I am thinking of doing this to mine when I get it this week. Thanks, looks good to me!

streetmaster

Enlightened
How did you polish it? I am thinking of doing this to mine when I get it this week. Thanks, looks good to me!

I used a Dremel with a buffing wheel and polishing compound. It doesn't take very long, the black color is very thin and comes off easily. The more time you spend polishing it, the glossier it gets. So, if you want it to be smooth as glass, it will take a couple hours at most.

**Just a bit of advice: When you take the bezel off, be sure that the lens stays in the light so you don't get any dust or dirt on the reflector. Reflectors scratch and smear VERY easily if you wipe them. Best to avoid that situation altogether. DO NOT try to polish the bezel while it's still attached to the light.

Last edited:

titan305

Newly Enlightened
Thanks, I was thinking a dremel would work. Mine should be here this week. 4 lights in two weeks!!

Robertesq1

Newly Enlightened
I was just telling you to send him one on that forum if he wasn't answering on this one. I don't know which one he monitors more.

Sorry I didn't realize you meant a completely seperate forum I thought you meant the Market Place forum at CPF. I swear I am usually not this dumb. Thanks for the help.

vic303

Enlightened
Although the polycarbonate lens in my 85t was in fine condition, I just ordered and received a UCL from Lighthound. I figure I will install the UCL and if I ever break it, I have the polycarbonate one to replace it with. I am more likely to scratch the poly lens I believe, than break the glass, if past experience holds.