• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

* * * * Now at the Shoppe. New products.

dat2zip

Flashlight Enthusiast
Xmas pricing now in effect. Aleph TKs now discounted 10%. Nexgens converter boards and sandwiches are in stock. Downboy, Badboys and Wiz2 converter boards are now all available.

FF2 parts and CR2 FF2 bodies are now on the shoppe.

dat2zip

Flashlight Enthusiast
Now in stock are MJLED cutdown high power 5mm LED. These make simple MM upgrades by directly replacing the lamp with LED. How simplier can that be?

These are much brighter than standard 5mm LEDs and can be driven up to 100mA of drive current. These are special Low VF versions and 100mA have a typical Vf of 2.8-3V.

high power 5mm MJLED

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
Hi Wayne /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif

What's the chance of getting some that haven't been modded to "side emitters?"

Larry

dat2zip

Flashlight Enthusiast
Unaltered they had a 25 degree beam pattern. After cutting them down, ginding and polishing they are more like a flood LED.

paulr

Flashaholic
Wayne, I hope you can add the unmodded versions to the Shoppe.

Do you know who makes these leds (are they ISP Korea)? Have you done any brightness measurements? I've heard that the ISP leds are much less efficient than Nichias /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif.

lsdiodes.com sells some 100 ma 5mm leds, manufacturer unstated, but they haven't been selected for low voltage bins like Lambda's.

Amonra

Enlightened
I would also be interested in the 25 degree version since it would be interesting to fit them in a photon microlight or something using common 5mm led's. do u know their approximate lumen rating or mcd rating ?

dat2zip

Flashlight Enthusiast
Phaserburn,

Unless the existing bulb is 5mm or larger, you will have to open the reflector to accomodate the 5mm diameter of the LED.

Phaserburn

Flashlight Enthusiast
I understand; but if the led isn't ground down, I wouldn't need the reflector at all, would I? Either way, I'd like to try it in my 2AAA.

moraino

Enlightened
Wayne,

Please include me in the uncut MJLED list. I need three to replace my Dorcy AAA or AA. Thanks.

Henry

dat2zip

Flashlight Enthusiast
The new uncut high power 5mm are in here.

The LED shapes the light into a 25 degree beam. You are correct that you don't need a reflector.

treek13

Flashlight Enthusiast
Phaserburn,
On the Shoppe homepage under Categories, click on the "Mod Shoppe" link, then the "LEDs" link, then the "3mm and 5mm L.E.D.s" link, and finally look for the "MJ Cutdown High-power 5mm LED *NEW*". (Direct links are tricky because the osCommerce software will give everyone the same session id).
Hope this helps,
Pat /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
*Edit - I see Wayne has come to the rescue while I composed this long post & now I see how to make the link without the session id like this, MJ Cutdown High-power 5mm LED *NEW*.