OH MAN IT'S COLD!!

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well you're safe for another year.

hellfreezexf4.jpg

This is just a test. If a domain run by Satan, instead of a town in Michigan, had actually frozen over you would be notified by sports reporters everywhere. The code phrase used to signify this event will be "Lion's win the Super Bowl." This concludes this test of the Emergency Hell Freeze Notification System.

:laughing:

Patriot

Flashaholic
This has been one of the first "colder" days in AZ since March. It's only 56F right now which is a big drop of us. Other areas of the state get much colder of course as there's a lot of land above 5000ft.

LED_Thrift

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's not that cold right now, about 32F / 0C, but we are having our first snow of the season. About 2" / 5cm. I fabricated a fire box two weeks ago to use on my deck, and had it going tonight. My sixteen year old son and I were outside for about two hours while it was snowing, keeping warm by the fire and eating apple pie my wife had just made. In order to get the full effect from the fire, he refused to wear warm clothes. He wore a tee shirt, blue jeans and sandals! He enjoys being crazy. He used my Eagletac P10A2 to get some wood from the wood pile. He likes that one a lot. I used my current EDC, Nitecore D10.

I'm really impressed by the cold weather performance of the Eneloop or Hybrids batteries. Last weekend I was backpacking in the Catskills, also on two inches of snow, and I used them a lot. It gets dark so early this time of year out in the woods, but I didn't have to use any of my spare batteries, the Duraloops I was using seemed to give the same amount of runtime that they give during indoor use.

901-Memphis

Enlightened
It didn't get much below 20F last night for me. The real cold weather isn't here yet

buickid

Enlightened
We were having highs in the single digits (Farenheit) for a while. I rode my bike to work & back Friday (YouTube vid), and I think it was 10°F at most. On the way home, I believe it was about 4°F and falling. Cold enough!

One guy rolled down his window to yell "NUTJOB!" at me. Well, if the shoe fits... :grin2:

Rode to class earlier this week. 3F. Not too bad. Ride or die! :devil:

Flashlight Enthusiast
Only 25 here and still wearing shorts!

T-3

Newly Enlightened
Got our first "real" snow storm here on Friday... MAJOR snowfall and wind pretty much crippled the city (Calgary/Airdrie, Alberta). The storm hit pretty much all of Alberta! Snow has stopped, and we're all shoveled out, but this week will be cccccold! Right now it's -25C (-13F) outside :eek:... and that's without the windchill!!! Supposed to warm up to a tropical -7C by Friday... hope so, as we move into our new home on Saturday!!! :santa:

nbp

Flashaholic
Thanks everyone for supporting this thread. Glad to see lots of replies. I hope to keep it alive all winter, so please keep on sharing your stories of bitter cold, crippling snow storms, and cold weather battery performance...hehe, it is a
a flashlight forum after all :)

For us here in SE WI were looking at some snow here in the next couple days. Tuesday night through Wednesday could bring 9-13 inches. Yikes, hello winter. I'll be updating when we see what really shows up.

Mjolnir

Flashlight Enthusiast
Finally got in the weenie upper 20's tonight. No snow here yet. I'm still feeling cheated out of my winter.

I got about an inch (optimistically) of snow last night, but nothing accumulated on the roads. It didn't even completely cover the grass in most places; there are just blades of grass with some half frozen snow around them now. Winter really is coming pretty late around here.

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's getting chilly here (for the US west coast at least) with temps dropping into the teens. With a good wind blowing the windchill makes it feel decently cold. But really it can't compare to what a lot of other locations get. :crazy:

LUPARA

Newly Enlightened
OOPS!! Keyboard malfunction!!
No point in going to Copenhagen to discuss warming then! Must be something else they're talking about.... ...

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
I got about an inch (optimistically) of snow last night, but nothing accumulated on the roads. It didn't even completely cover the grass in most places; there are just blades of grass with some half frozen snow around them now. Winter really is coming pretty late around here.

Why did I bother shutting off the outside water valves or winterize my car? Who's running this show?

(I'm using reverse psychology on God.)

FrogmanM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well its raining in Southern California right now, and I'm COLD! Only 2 more weeks until I go back home to Hawaii.:sick:

-Mayo